website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

23 minutes ago, Dragon said:

If you're old enough to remember the rock group Thin Lizzy, you may realize why she has the nickname Dim Lizzy....

She refers to the Irish Taoiseach as the "Irish Tea Sock" :lol: Let's hope some advisors can guide her as to the correct pronunciation :d.

Maybe she is confusing it with these Michael "Tea" Higgins tea cosies :d

a-dublin-woman-is-selling-these-brillian

20 hours ago, NMQ said:

Un, yeah. Not an expert, but if the investigation confirms that the gun was charged, don't know what else can you can call it.

Well, the chamber weapon was "empty" and we have the wire case of the total reset of the cellphone of the shooter.....

But ok, is absolutly obvius this is real, like the suicide of Nisman and Maldonado were kill by Gendarmeria......and a large etc.

3 minutes ago, konig said:

Well, the chamber weapon was "empty" and we have the wire case of the total reset of the cellphone of the shooter.....

But ok, is absolutly obvius this is real, like the suicide of Nisman and Maldonado were kill by Gendarmeria......and a large etc.

I thought it had 5 bullets? Not sure what you mean exactly. 

I don't think this case is too complex honestly, almost everything points to it being just a loser with free time that doesn't know how to shoot. 

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

What were the bad parts, so besides the obvious good things in it like certain basic human rights (improvements in terms of abortion rights, education, native people's rights, etc)?

Well, at least me, i dont believe in "minorities rigths", the minorities are not diferent of the majorities, saldy the wokism make a mess with that.

Now, Argentina and Chile suffer the violence of groups of radical natives who believes in their "legendary rigths" and are making a disaster in the south region of both countries, mostly the Mapuches which organization headquarters are in UK.

Even this constitution create another justice sistem for the natives, WTF?,clearly against of the equality before the law.

The abortion is a basic human rigth?, i dont believe it must be penalized but human rigth?.

Even the moderate left of Chile critics the new constitution like radical.

21 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I thought it had 5 bullets? Not sure what you mean exactly. 

I don't think this case is too complex honestly, almost everything points to it being just a loser with free time that doesn't know how to shoot. 

Is not common this kind of "gun malfunction", an experts says: Es una pistola de pequeño calibre, del 7.65mm. No llega a ser de bolsillo y está fabricada en Argentina. En principio no es una pistola de mala calidad. Por eso resulta bastante extraño que no haya funcionado, sobre todo el primer disparo.

The reset of the cellphone is another thing that make this weird.

The political use of this to victimize the vicepresident is predictible but very sad.....

Edit: you can be rigth about this guy, for me is a used loser but can be a "lonely mad guy".

57 minutes ago, konig said:

Well, at least me, i dont believe in "minorities rigths", the minorities are not diferent of the majorities, saldy the wokism make a mess with that.

Now, Argentina and Chile suffer the violence of groups of radical natives who believes in their "legendary rigths" and are making a disaster in the south region of both countries, mostly the Mapuches which organization headquarters are in UK.

Even this constitution create another justice sistem for the natives, WTF?,clearly against of the equality before the law.

The abortion is a basic human rigth?, i dont believe it must be penalized but human rigth?.

Even the moderate left of Chile critics the new constitution like radical.

yikes

2 hours ago, konig said:

Equity isn’t the same as equality though, and to be honest, I don’t think indigenous peoples have ever been treated equal to those of European ancestry in the Americas. There’s been some improvements in the last few decade as to how our nations treat indigenous peoples, but I still think there’s (understandably) a lot to desire from their end.

Many of our countries have actively tried to suppress their languages, kill their cultures, and steal their resources at some point in history. It doesn’t seem like that far of a stretch to maybe rethink how we honor the legacy of indigenous peoples and move forward to a more constructive relationship.

Personally, I think honoring land claims, paying reparations, and giving remaining indigenous groups some form of autonomy isn’t that outlandish. Those are just my thoughts on the matter though.   

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, konig said:

saldy the wokism

Natives live somewhere, Europeans come fuck them up for ages, things are potentially being done to somewhat right that century-long wrong, and it's 'woke' lol

Ok bye :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Equity isn’t the same as equality though, and to be honest, I don’t think indigenous peoples have ever been treated equal to those of European ancestry in the Americas. There’s been some improvements in the last few decade as to how our nations treat indigenous peoples, but I still think there’s (understandably) a lot to desire from their end.

Many of our countries have actively tried to suppress their languages, kill their cultures, and steal their resources at some point in history. It doesn’t seem like that far of a stretch to maybe rethink how we honor the legacy of indigenous peoples and move forward to a more constructive relationship.

Personally, I think honoring land claims, paying reparations, and giving remaining indigenous groups some form of autonomy isn’t that outlandish. Those are just my thoughts on the matter though.   

As we saw with the history of BLM, it’s very easy to talk in wonderful slogans of justice & equality and to be a cynical rip-off merchant interested only on your own enrichment.