website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

26 minutes ago, Belle said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Democrats 

Sweden’s racist party, see them as comparable with Le Pen and Orbán SD are desperate to be in the new Swedish Government. The Swedish Elections are on Sunday September 11, 2022. 

Like I want to travel with this train 

:facepalm:

Ah, yeah I had never heard about them, but they seem to be sort of what 'Forum voor Democratie' is in the Netherlands, with the moronic Thierry Baudet as wannabe Führer.

I'd still travel with the train though if it goes from A to B and I have to go from A to B :p I'm mostly surprised trains are painted in the colours of a political party, or does SD have a certain power in Stockholm?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, yeah I had never heard about them, but they seem to be sort of what 'Forum voor Democratie' is in the Netherlands, with the moronic Thierry Baudet as wannabe Führer.

I'd still travel with the train though if it goes from A to B and I have to go from A to B :p I'm mostly surprised trains are painted in the colours of a political party, or does SD have a certain power in Stockholm?

No they haven’t any power in Stockholm. I’m shocked that SL let paint the train with the colors and logo of a racist and fascist party. :(

18 minutes ago, Belle said:

No they haven’t any power in Stockholm. I’m shocked that SL let paint the train with the colors and logo of a racist and fascist party. :(

Or any party at all, for that matter. I can't even imagine trains being painted in the colours of any party here (left, right, center, whatever) :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Belle said:

Well, Sweden is politically neutral for like 200 years so I guess freedom of speech is paramount even when it comes to fascism. The same way USA allows Nazi uniforms on Halloween or whatever due to their own freedom of speech rules. That stuff would never fly in Poland no matter what the context is.

This is where Hungary currently stands according to the new polling:

Which country or political entity is to blame for the start of the war in Ukraine?

49% - United States

12% - Ukraine

3% - NATO

1% - European Union

---

3% - Russia

---

32% - didn't answer

Which country or political entity takes the most blame for not reaching peace in Ukraine after five months?

47% - United States

11% - Ukraine

5% - European Union

3% - NATO

---

2% - Russia

---

32% - didn't answer

These are the polling results of Orbán's voters in Hungary. Obviously opposition voters have a completely different, pro-Western opinion, but they don't matter at all in the eyes of Orbán. 

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Which country or political entity is to blame for the start of the war in Ukraine?

3% - Russia

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so incredibly tragic. Three out of a hundred people blaming the actual country which actually militarily invaded another country. 

So 97 out of 100 people (in this poll) would say the bully who beats up a kid isn't the main person at fault for the kid being beaten up, but everyone else - including the victim - is :facepalm: 

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so incredibly tragic. Three out of a hundred people blaming the actual country which actually militarily invaded another country. 

So 97 out of 100 people (in this poll) would say the bully who beats up a kid isn't the main person at fault for the kid being beaten up, but everyone else - including the victim - is :facepalm: 

Hungarian state media is telling 24/7 that the war only happened because the US and NATO provoked Russia. For most Hungarians only state controlled media "tells the truth". 

They think what Orbán wants them to think. He has complete control over Hungary. I mean, they just announced today that the Hungarian state will buy Vodafone Hungary, which means that Orbán will have direct control over the majority of internet providers in Hungary. He has EVERYTHING. Hungary is essentially Russia at this point, a failed democracy. Orbán will outlive every current European leader, even Putin, he's here to stay for decades. 

And I wouldn't even blame Orbán for this. The Hungarian voters simply democratically decided that they don't want democracy. 

@Vektor Dutch media is saying Orban/one of his ministers fired the head of the Hungarian meteorological service because the stormy and rainy weather they predicted - which led to postponing a firework's show on a national holiday - didn't actually happen:facepalm: 

Are they missing something and are there more reasons, or is this really the main thing? That almost sounds too North Korean to be true, but judging by the things you say about Orban, it also wouldn't be surprising :( 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

@Vektor Dutch media is saying Orban/one of his ministers fired the head of the Hungarian meteorological service because the stormy and rainy weather they predicted - which led to postponing a firework's show on a national holiday - didn't actually happen:facepalm: 

Are they missing something and are there more reasons, or is this really the main thing? That almost sounds too North Korean to be true, but judging by the things you say about Orban, it also wouldn't be surprising :( 

Yes, it's true. They have won four elections now in a row with supermajority, they know they can get away with literally anything in this country, so they do stupid shit like this. Orbán could kill a baby in front of the Parliament and he would still win the election with a supermajority. 

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it's the meteorologists' job. They can't just shrug their shoulders when they are wrong like you or me. :p

I mean, it wouldn't have been controversial, let alone news worthy at all if this happened within a private company...

#banbestmen