website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Cup 2021

Totallympics

Not a good day for us, but this event once again indicated for me that Michelle Gulyás is the "future of women's pentathlon" for Hungary. Great swimming and laser run for her, if she has a good day in fencing and riding (which she didn't this time), she can already be very competitive among the seniors. 

In women's, :MEX Mayan Oliver finished 19th which gives her an edge over :MEX Tamara Vega for that second quota that can be achieved trough ranking (both are right now in qualifying positions)

Our men however will need a miracle to qualify; our best ranked Duilio Carrillo only finished 25th and will need at least top 15 places in both World Cup stages in Bulgaria and the WC final to be in Tokyo.

52 minutes ago, justony said:

I had a lot of interest in the past, but every season it is getting worse, bad coverage, and with that paying terms they hit rock bottom.

First you have to gain popularity, then you can play with money.

I wrote it many times. Modern Pentathlon was Modern Pentathlon when it lasted 5 days, when the Fencing part took almost the whole entire day (The longest sport event of the program, in 1988 the fencing part started early morning and finished before midnight).

Now, it is a lost case for me, it already was when they put it all in 1 day, then with inventing the combined event I stopped to follow it completely.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

I wrote it many times. Modern Pentathlon was Modern Pentathlon when it lasted 5 days, when the Fencing part took almost the whole entire day (The longest sport event of the program, in 1988 the fencing part started early morning and finished before midnight).

Now, it is a lost case for me, it already was when they put it all in 1 day, then with inventing the combined event I stopped to follow it completely.

Agree... this new proposed format is pure bullshit.

I think that they should return to the 5 events being held on their own but on the same day.

13 hours ago, thepharoah said:

FB_IMG_1616878512170.jpg

It was really tight finish 

Almost like Kremlin Cup 2013 with always poor runner Marques and always tremendous runner Asadauskaite... well, that battle was with about 70 sec handicap and finished even closer. And yesterday's run was a classic Švecovs - dying on the last lap. I saw that pain-face a few times in Drzonków. Still, doing that on World Cup instead of Polish National Ranking Competition is a big thing for him.

2 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Almost like Kremlin Cup 2013 with always poor runner Marques and always tremendous runner Asadauskaite... well, that battle was with about 70 sec handicap and finished even closer. And yesterday's run was a classic Švecovs - dying on the last lap. I saw that pain-face a few times in Drzonków. Still, doing that on World Cup instead of Polish National Ranking Competition is a big thing for him.

he reminds me of Amro el Gezeiry , but at least he's got really good shooting Amro was bad in both shooting and running :d