website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, Belle said:

It is 6km for each skier. It’s still sprint since they go 1-2km each lap. Do you really think Johaug, Karlsson ect can act as it is distance race? 

So Karlsson should be in the team ahead of Sundling, Dahlqvist or even Ribom? Are you serious? 

Yes. A distance skiier only has to take the pace high over the loops, that the sprinters get in trouble in the third loop. 3x4.5km x 2 is the program for the Team Sprint for each athlete with Semis and Final. 
In 2018 also Sundby was in the Norwegian team and he is definitely not a sprinter. Likewise the French, Manificat.

We will see on Tuesday, but I’m pretty sure many teams will have at least one distance skiier in their team. 

48 minutes ago, Belle said:

It is 6km for each skier. It’s still sprint since they go 1-2km each lap. Do you really think Johaug, Karlsson ect can act as it is distance race? 

So Karlsson should be in the team ahead of Sundling, Dahlqvist or even Ribom? Are you serious? 

The distance relay is only 5km so not a big differ3ence really. however Sundling will be a safe option for both the team sprint and relay (1st or 4th leg). Karlsson would be great to but Dahlqvist is 100% in team sprints and Karlsson might get us disqualified so I would not choose her anyway:d

7 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Yes. A distance skiier only has to take the pace high over the loops, that the sprinters get in trouble in the third loop. 3x4.5km x 2 is the program for the Team Sprint for each athlete with Semis and Final. 
In 2018 also Sundby was in the Norwegian team and he is definitely not a sprinter. Likewise the French, Manificat.

We will see on Tuesday, but I’m pretty sure many teams will have at least one distance skiier in their team. 

Where do you get that info from? 

My scource says the team sprint loop is 1,5km. 

https://www.olympiandatabase.com/index.php?id=109658&L=1

6 minutes ago, Swewi said:

The distance relay is only 5km so not a big differ3ence really. however Sundling will be a safe option for both the team sprint and relay (1st or 4th leg). Karlsson would be great to but Dahlqvist is 100% in team sprints and Karlsson might get us disqualified so I would not choose her anyway:d

Still big difference between a loop on 5km and 1,5km. 

1 minute ago, JonPhi said:

Loop: 1.5km, three time in the semis and three time in the final: 3x2x1.5km = 9km

Ah I get it now. But still can’t be compared to long distance. The loop is still 1,5. Can Johaug who compete in 5 km or more handle it? Still it’s not the same as go for 5km. 

2 hours ago, Belle said:

@Fly_like_a_don @JonPhi

I’m talking about Women’s TEAM SPRINT.  Are Norway, Russia and Finland better than Sweden and USA? I don’t think so. At least they haven’t show that yet. :mumble:

I didn't say Finland is better than sweden but Sweden v Finland for gold in women's team sprint classical then maybe Russia, Norway, US. 

And why they didn't come today perhaps saving energy for a event they are one of the favourites for on Thursday