website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Speaking of the two boats per race: at this point it's safe to say that only :HUN benefitted from this rule. I wouldn't be surprised if we got back to one boat per event for the next Games when only one country is taking full advantage of it, I assume the others aren't happy about that they are fighting two Hungarian boats while they can't qualify two boats for FA. 

30 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Speaking of the two boats per race: at this point it's safe to say that only :HUN benefitted from this rule. I wouldn't be surprised if we got back to one boat per event for the next Games when only one country is taking full advantage of it, I assume the others aren't happy about that they are fighting two Hungarian boats while they can't qualify two boats for FA. 

It's certainly not a unique case, in almost all sports there is a nation stronger than others that benefits from having the possibility of having more than one quota per event. 
I mean, we are 2-2-1 here, a joke compared to certain other results. I'm looking forward to the :NED 's final medal table in cycling, for example

15 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Is :CAN weak in women's C2? What happened in that heat? I thought that they are back to being the favorites after the drama of the last few years. 

This is now a huge opportunity for :CHN to win a gold. 

It's much of a surprise to me too. However Katie Vincent look injured yesterday on c1 200 final....so maybe something is holding her back