website statistics

Rowing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

New Olympic Best for France. Why is it an OB and not an OR though, what's the difference

I believe it’s because conditions aren’t always the same, so there’s no records in rowing. They have “best times” instead.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

I always felt he got robbed there, as the World Rowing themselves had a precedent at some Junior Worlds when a dead-heat result in shared medals.

And to think swimming and bobsleigh are only too happy to share as many medals as possible for their 30-60 seconds efforts...

I know the feeling. Well, at least he can return now and make a win even sweeter. It will be very demanding though.

1 minute ago, Makedonas said:

I also was shocked by this. I've never seen anything like that before in rowing!

My commentator said that unlike athletics, you're not disqualified for being in the wrong lane unless you actively impede someone else

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Good start for our Stefanos Ntouskos, winning his heat. I've been saying that I think he can win a medal and I don't see why not. He was 4th at the European Championships (after having extra races that week because of the Olympic qualifiers while others were rested), and the bronze medalist from Poland didn't qualify for Tokyo. I would be very surprised if there are less than 5 Europeans in the Final A in that event also, so the European Championships seem to be a good indication. Still I think Zeidler Nielsen and Borch are the favourites for the podium.

Surprised that Anneta Kyridou was third in her heat and not second. At least she advanced though.