website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

• 5 months later...

Without checking the schedule I thought we will have all athletes in each weight in Group A. but now I see we also have group B in all weight classes. It's probably a good idea. having 14 weightlifters in the same session is too much. there will be long delay between the attempts. I wonder how many they will "keep" for Group A. 8 or 9 I hope.

and btw interestingly we will have some combined B groups. for example on 25 July we will have men's 61kg and 67kg. both Group B in these weights are scheduled for 11:50 which means they will be held together. IWF does that for minor competitions but I don't think doing that for the Olympics is a great idea. this is kind of humiliating for 67kg athletes to compete with 61kg weightlifters, specially if some of them lift lower.

What happened to the IWF website compared to only a few days ago? :hairpull: 

Can't even find the results for specific athletes anymore, where is the athlete search?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What happened to the IWF website compared to only a few days ago? :hairpull: 

Can't even find the results for specific athletes anymore, where is the athlete search?

Suspended for use of prohibited substance 

About to get underway! This should be the scoreboard?

https://www.iwf.net/scoreboard/graphics/get_scoreboard_IWF.html

The normal one is stuck on the junior worlds, this one doesn't seem to even have the next weight for the athletes (yet)....hopefully something will happen soon there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Meh, without the entry weight?

Yep. Without the entry weight, or even the next weight, or anything like that.

The starting weights are here, but we know how shitty the official website usually is for live scoring...no way they update the next attempts as quickly as IWF usually does..

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/weightlifting/result-women-s-49kg-fnl-a00100-.htm