website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

2 hours ago, rybak said:

Anyone know what is reason that tomorrow in relay men's will run as first instead womens as is it was in all previous races? :mumble:

I think they always turn around at WCH, just so they make it different, I guess. ?

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Also W legs will be also 7.5km

...good job IBU, a certain Bach will be happy

So a penalty loop for the women will be much less influential than the usual. Always great to have something untested at big events. :p

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Also W legs will be also 7.5km

...good job IBU, a certain Bach will be happy

He won't be, this race still won't be enough youthful and urban, in addition we still have equal number of men's and women's, that is scandal!

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

So a penalty loop for the women will be much less influential than the usual. Always great to have something untested at big events. :p

It’s a relay, so the penalty loop has basically no influence anyway :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Will Totallympians receive warnings for using the R word instead of RBF and such? :p

I’m assuming RBF is the Russian Biathlon Federation (I thought they were the RBU)? RBF means something a little different in the US (or in California at least) :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, mrv86 said:

It was about time they race the same distance as men.

Well, I would disagree. Biathlon is about skiing/shooting combo.

Penalty loops are flat, so relatively speaking, women do not lose as much time to men compared to downhills and especially climbs.

So unless penalty loops are made bigger for women, skiing will become (even) more important than shooting.

Aside from being inconvenient, using different penalty loops will again bring up the distance inequality, so there is no reason to change it.

As for the individual, 1 min of penalty can be made up considerably more easily in a 55 min-race than in a 45 min-race.

#banbestmen