website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

I’m not the biggest fan of the slogan, but this trailer is damn good. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

Don’t be too harsh on yourself.

We will see so many urban olympic changes in the future, we will be thinking some of them are jokes but they will not be. Just wait for it…

Don't forget youthful diverse and gender equal

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

"Games wide open"

That symbolizes the reopening of the world after the COVID-19 pandemic? Doors being opened, people being allowed back in, and such?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, PHI2019 said:

:( What will they think of next?

World Athletics to introduce repechage round at  Paris 2024

The World Athletics Council has approved an innovation to the regular competition format for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games, introducing a repechage round to all individual track events from 200m to 1500m in distance, including the hurdles events.

In the new repechage format, athletes who do not qualify by place in round one heats, will have a second chance to qualify for the semi-finals by participating in repechage heats.

https://www.worldathletics.org/news/press-releases/repechage-round-paris-2024-olympics-budapest-entry-standards

800m Women:

Round 1 02.08

Repechage 03.08

Semi Final 04.08
Final 05.08

4 times 800m in 4 days, really?

• 3 weeks later...

https://app.vivatechnology.com/onlinesession/34995b54-3ddb-ec11-b656-a04a5e7d2a9d

Found a 12 minute presentation by Tony Estanguet (Paris 2024 director) at a tech conference about innovation and the Paris 2024 Games. Nothing new I believe, but still a nice distraction on a slow day at work.

This will be a very silly random post, but it hasn't crossed my mind until now how great the simplistic design of the Paris 2024 emblem is. I wanted to create a header for the Hungarian Totallympics club very quickly and I realized that the Paris 2024 emblem would look great in our national colors. Red for the "hair", green for the "mouth", and the white is the flame. And boom, for something that only took a couple of seconds, it looks pretty good. :d The Paris 2024 logo really is one of the best ever. 

hunparis.png

• 1 month later...