website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

Swedish cross-country skiing couple Anna Haag and Emil Jönsson have announced their retirement after tomorrow's World Cup final in Falun. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Three athletes in Nordic combined have retired/are going to retire:

- Mikko Kokslien (NOR) is retired since last week

- Jason Lamy Chappuis (FRA) will retire (again) after today's competition in Klingenthal

- Björn Kircheisen (GER) will retire after the season's final in Schonach 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

French biathletes Marie Dorin and Jean-Guillaume Béatrix.

The sport I'm most nervous about in terms of retirements. At least Laura Dahlmeier has said she won't retire yet, so that's a load off my mind :d

:FIN   Aino-Kaisa Saarinen(Cross Country skiing) & Hannu Manninen (Nordic Combined)

Janne Ahonen (Men's ski jumping) is going to retire as well, but he said about Ahonen jumping in 2022. I'm pretty sure it's his son, but who knows :d Gonna have to wait the confirmation lol