website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

22 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Snowboarding slopestyle was just about watchable, ice hockey was good, ski jumping not watchable at all for most just convinced them better events are in the afternoon... 

I am having hopes on biathlon and short track, really suites the Indian audience  - interesting, clear, unpredictable. 

Biathlon was poorly presented overall . I then remembered that even I don't like biathlon at Olympics it was just that I watched a world cup when I was bored during pandemic and I found it awesome and enjoyed the sport. 

Short Track meanwhile hit the bullseye. Awesome sport, lots of surprises , fun and all my friends whom I forced to watch asked for it's complete schedule and future tournaments... 

The TV channel broadcasting the games here has utilized the free time caused by no downhill to show short track replay from yesterday . 

Guys, I don't know how about others. But despite being on vacation from school, but watching the Olympics from morning till evening, while watching - cooking, exercising and doing activities with my daughter like reading, building lego and playing other games, I found myself having no time to replying and texting on totallympics ..... My Google Chrome keeps receiving so many notifications about comments on totallympics but I am unable to comment anywhere. Always busy...... Just like it was during the Tokyo Olympics ..... I am afraid I will mostly be Olympic silent :d

28 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Guys, I don't know how about others. But despite being on vacation from school, but watching the Olympics from morning till evening, while watching - cooking, exercising and doing activities with my daughter like reading, building lego and playing other games, I found myself having no time to replying and texting on totallympics ..... My Google Chrome keeps receiving so many notifications about comments on totallympics but I am unable to comment anywhere. Always busy...... Just like it was during the Tokyo Olympics ..... I am afraid I will mostly be Olympic silent :d

the same here, except for the fact that I don't have children to play with (only my 80 years young dad) and I ended my school days quite some time ago...:d

16 hours ago, NearPup said:

My main complain is actually OBS. They had some really odd camera angles in moguls, luge and cross country and some notable TV graphic mistakes all over the place.

Yeah the biathlon mixed relay yesterday shooting graphics were like on and off quite a few times (and giving a hard time to the CBC commentator)

Some other fake snow stats for those who are interested:

“Vancouver turned 7960 cubic meters (2.1 million gallons) of water into snow as the host in 2010. 80% of the snow in 2014’s Sochi Olympics was fake, four years later in PyeongChang, South Korea, it was 90%.”

Breaking news: The schedule is horrible, nothing between women's cross-country skiing and luge team relay. They could just compromise the schedule (maybe only have the whole session lasting 6 hours or so and only have the whole olympics lasting 10 days) and not first have 1 biathlon race every day and then nothing for like a week.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

So this happened. Our team received the hockey jerseys with names before the match and nobody noticed this :lol:

20221002_zoh_hokej_svk_fin_36842966.jpeg

Juraj Slafkovský was somehow renamed to Slafkovksy :p Our team noticed it only after Juraj scored his second goal :lol: We obviously asked for a correction.

Btw Juraj is only the second ever 17 years old player to score 2 goals in 1 match at the Olympics after the :USA Jack Kirane who scored 3 goals against poland in 1948 ! and the second youngest player to ever score at least one goal at the Olympics after another 17 years old :USA  Ed Olczyk in Sarajevo 1984.