website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

I think you aren't reading it carefully enough :lol:

Buddy, I’m fully aware of the debate going in Canada right now with some minority parties calling for a full Canadian boycott of Beijing.

There is no sign at all of the Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada supporting a full boycott of Bejing 2022.

None whatsoever.

But, I would not rule out a Canadian diplomatic boycott.  

14 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

You’re dreaming.  

There’s no way or any evidence that Canada Government will have a full boycott of Beijing - nor any other country.

However, Canada may well announce a diolomatic boycott as might Australia.  But that’s it.

Both Canada and Australia will send their athletes to Beijing.

Check your calendar and re-read my post :P

I was making fun of a certain user who seemed a little too sure Trudeau was going to be out of a job by now.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Check your calendar and re-read my post :P

I was making fun of a certain user who seemed a little too sure Trudeau was going to be out of a job by now.

Yes and you are still totally incorrect.

The invitations to government reps and the US President are issued by the IOC and have been issued a long long time ago and have nothing to do with anything else.

You are incorrect because you do not seem to realise that China or the Beijing organisers  do no send invitations to the US President to attend Beijing 2022.

This is and always has been the job of the International Olympic Committee who are politically neutral - another point you seem to have missed.

36 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

The invitations to government reps and the US President are issued by the IOC and have been issued a long long time ago and have nothing to do with anything else.

You are incorrect because you do not seem to realise that China or the Beijing organisers  do no send invitations to the US President to attend Beijing 2022.

This is and always has been the job of the International Olympic Committee who are politically neutral - another point you seem to have missed.

Do they teach what sarcasm is in Australia?

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

Point 1 and 2: that's completely academic. The US government, and it increasingly looks like some other Western governments, aren't doing a diplomatic boycott of the IOC. The US isn't snubbing the IOC as they are organizing the 2028 Summer games and are the front runner to be awarded either the 2030 or 2034 Winter games. Literally nobody cares if the formal invitation came from the IOC or the PRC's government, everybody knows this is a spat between a handful of Western countries and the PRC's government.

As for point 3... I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that "the International Olympic Committee who are politically neutral" is a joke. Like, I know that's what they claim about themselves, but nobody actually believes them right?

11 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think this could end up making people demand full boycotts. Not impossible Some important countries will end up doing so. The Nordics and the Netherlands the ones to watch. 

I doubt the people have that much influence.  They can demand all they want, but I doubt most countries will flinch.  Diplomatic boycotts may happen, but I'd be surprised if we saw any major organized athlete boycotts.

7 hours ago, opruh said:

How can american politicians boycott attending something that they are not even invited to attend.

They were invited.  And you can be darn sure that the Chinese are upset they won't attend, even if they don't say so public.  Would have been great PR for them to have President Biden or other dignitaries in their country.  Now that's not going to happen

3 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

What NearPup said.  This isn't a formal process where foreign dignitaries can only attend an Olympics if there's an invitation.  Countries can generally send whoever they want.  In this case, the US government is sending no one.  And LOL at the politically neutral comment.

Italy have announced that they won't take part in any sort of boycott, even the diplomatic farce the US and their faithful guard dogs are going to do...

p.s. and our NOC President Malagò also said that we're going to win more than 10 medals, which was our final score in Pyeongchang 2018...:evil:

given the preview he made before Tokyo, I think we're going to enjoy some good Italian results in a couple months time...:lol:

9 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Wake up.

Not a single country has announced a full boycott of Beijing 2022.    Not a single one.

Not Italy, not your own country Great Britain, not USA, not Australia, not any countryin the entire world.

There are views that each government and prvate citizens around the world may or may not privately have on China and Beijing 2022.

But so far, not a single participating country at Beijing 2022 has announced a full boycott at this point in time.   Not a single one.