website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

On 30/10/2020 at 18:45, intoronto said:

Some scheduling news:

-Short track will go up to 6 competition days from 5

-There will be a day -2 (day -1 was the earliest in 2018), this day will just have mixed doubles round robin in curling

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1100993/beijing-2022-mixed-doubles-curling 

Only about 20 days late ;)

On 11/11/2020 at 11:54, JonPhi said:

Hello,

is there so far no Competition Schedule published? If not, they are very late this time.

Thanks

Full competition schedule attached.

And to answer your other question, all of the biathlon events start around 17:00, so that should be late morning for you in Germany

Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games Competition Schedule Version 7.pdf

I have no idea about where I should drop this post, so, I'm here :p

Like every years, since almost 7 years, I collect the winter podiums by nations (only Olympics Sport counts, obliviously). This year i decide to exclude the Figure Skating GP because this year their aren't the top circuit. Curling WC is missing for the 2nd year in a row.

This week, Slovakia and Germany do some big improvement, thanks to Vlovha and to the Germany's bob team.

Standing after 3 weeks:

Spoiler
  1. :GER 04 06 01
  2. :AUT 02 01 03
  3. :SVK 02 00 01
  4. :SUI 01 02 03
  5. :NOR 01 02 01
  6. :ITA 01 01 00
  7. :LAT 01 00 01
  8. :FRA 01 00 00
  9. :USA 00 01 00
  10. :NED 00 01 00
  11. :CHN 00 00 01
  12. :POL 00 00 01

23 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Full competition schedule attached.

And to answer your other question, all of the biathlon events start around 17:00, so that should be late morning for you in Germany

Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games Competition Schedule Version 7.pdf 287.3 kB · 3 downloads

what a revolution in the biathlon schedule, starting with mixed relay on day 1 followed by individuals, the sprints on days 7 and 8 + both pursuits day 9 and finishing this time with the mass starts day 14 & 15

Also sadly, I see again many many many events scheduled at the same time :( oh well, beautiful Vancouver 2010 where are you ?

32 minutes ago, hckosice said:

beautiful Vancouver 2010 where are you ?

On YouTube, for all to enjoy :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, hckosice said:

what a revolution in the biathlon schedule, starting with mixed relay on day 1 followed by individuals, the sprints on days 7 and 8 + both pursuits day 9 and finishing this time with the mass starts day 14 & 15

Also sadly, I see again many many many events scheduled at the same time :(oh well, beautiful Vancouver 2010 where are you ?

Aw yes, awesome! Again days with 2-3 hours with one hundred million finals going on at the same time followed by 3 hours of sometimes even literally nothing going on! Fantastic!

Uuuuugh.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Also sadly, I see again many many many events scheduled at the same time :( oh well, beautiful Vancouver 2010 where are you ?

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Aw yes, awesome! Again days with 2-3 hours with one hundred million finals going on at the same time followed by 3 hours of sometimes even literally nothing going on! Fantastic!

Uuuuugh.

My thoughts exactly.  During PyeongChang, way too many times of the day where there was very little going on and they're doing the same thing here.  Yes, I definitely miss Vancouver where all the hockey games were spaced out and not going on simultaneously.

2 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

My thoughts exactly.  During PyeongChang, way too many times of the day where there was very little going on and they're doing the same thing here.  Yes, I definitely miss Vancouver where all the hockey games were spaced out and not going on simultaneously.

I remember there were hours during Pyeongchang 2018 where I was playing a game during the (Korean) day. That says it all, I really don't have time to play a game for even 5 minutes during well-planned Olympics..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

On YouTube, for all to enjoy :d

Man you can not even imagine how many times I watched, re-watched and re-re-watched the whole 2010 games., like day by day, event by event...

yes, I know, there something wrong with me..I watched this match for example already 5 times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaP672-eEFM :lol: