website statistics

Great Britain National Thread

uk12points

I was thinking we could achieve the 3-7 medal target at these games but aside from the Curling its just not worked out for us. Particularly disappointed in the sliding events where we seemed well off the pace and the Freestyle Ski and Snowboarding where we had a lot of potential and came away empty handed. Hopefully the funding cuts wont be so severe but I would understand if they were given how much has been ploughed in with little return.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to make a blog about the Olympics, the first post is here. https://gbgames.sport.blog/2022/03/03/after-two-olympic-games-celebrated-in-six-months-a-health-check-on-team-gb/

It is a long one, that recaps each sport's performance in Tokyo 2020/Beijing 2022 and gives some analysis on the health of our Team. I hope you read it and follow the blog as I will post more during the Paris 2024 qualification (at least I plan to).

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

After waiting nearly the entire competition to win a medal in the Olympics, our first bronze medal has been earned in Para Alpine Skiing, with Millie Knight and guide Brett Wild snagging a bronze medal in the Women's Downhill (Vision Impaired) with a time of 1:23.20.

In brotherhood unfold

Meena Fitzpatrick and guide Gary Smith pick up Medal #2, a silver in the women's Super-G (Vision Impaired) with a time of 1:18.79.

In brotherhood unfold

Day 3 had two more bronze medals: Fitzpatrick and Smith with a time of 2:05.98 in the women's super combined vision impaired alpine skiing, and Simpson and Simpson with a 1:52.81 in the men's equivalent event

In brotherhood unfold