website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Too bad that Stefanidi couldn't win a medal, but the three medalists were all better than her both tonight and in this season in general so congrats to them!

So Greece got 4th place in both men's and women's pole vault competitions here :cry:

Also 8th place for Kyriakopoulou is a nice result. She deserved to make an Olympic final in her career and I'm happy she finally did it even though tonight's competition was a mess from everyone outside the top 4.

Poland, Italy and Netherlands with once in a century fluke performances. At least most of their medalists will be gone soon. Both Kaul and Schäfer could have sleepwalked to a medal without their injuries, Kaul probably would have even won gold.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Progression of Damian Warner:

2015: 8695

2016: 8666

2017: 8591

2018: 8795

2019: 8711

2021: 9018

In 4 years (from 2015 to 2019) he improved by 16 points and then during the pandemic he improved by more than 200 points as a 31 year old. I can't believe how audacious this guy is. The fact that he thinks that he can get away with this is the most shocking thing for me. Obviously the athletes have zero "fear" of getting caught. I feel very sorry for Mayer, he deserved olympic gold after dominating this olympiad.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.