website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Matteo92:

Well, De Fabiani is a superior athlete compared to Nöckler, but he's never been in a team sprint before. There's no way of knowing how he would perform. Still, I agree that taking the risk of choosing De Fabiani would have been wiser than insisting on Nöckler when he's clearly not at his best. Perhaps they also wanted to let De Fabiani rest before the 50 kms after his great showing in the relay.

As far as the future of Italian cross-country is concerned, as you say, we basically have two talents. The problem is there's nobody behind those two. De Fabiani also has to become more consistent if he wants to become a top athlete, he can podium in a race in which he is not a favourite and then finish 40th when you expect him to perform well. 

I am not surprised that Nöckler choked. He is german speaking, as are almost all the italian athletes who underperformed here (Paris, Innerhofer, Fill, Hofer, Wierer). This cant be a coincidence, considering that so many german athletes underperformed here as well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

24 minutes ago, Dimast said:

haha what you all Russophobes funny and pathetic :thumbup:

Honestly, this Russian team is very promising. The likes of Bolshunov, Spitsov, Nepryaeva and Belorukova have been improving very much in recent times, all of them having shown great promise in the World Cup already this season (and it was simply impossible to miss Belorukova last season, when she had some sprints where she went on a full-on attack :d). I know there's a whole lot of discussion about the Russians, but no matter what, these young athletes deserve a ton of respect for having some great showings despite all of this pressure and chaos (Spitsov and Bolshunov especially, although for Bolshunov that was a bit expected) :)

One big compliment to that team and especially their coaches for keeping their heads cool. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

my favorite event here , Marathon of XC :d

The event to crown the King of Kings :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Dimast said:

yeahh my avatar shows who was the king 4 years ago :champion::RUS

Actually I meant classic specifically, nothing against 4 years ago, but because I love the 50km classic more than any XC event (I also love things like the 50km classic at the Holmenkollen, or the Vasaloppet :p )

12 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

Honestly, this Russian team is very promising. The likes of Bolshunov, Spitsov, Nepryaeva and Belorukova have been improving very much in recent times, all of them having shown great promise in the World Cup already this season (and it was simply impossible to miss Belorukova last season, when she had some sprints where she went on a full-on attack :d). I know there's a whole lot of discussion about the Russians, but no matter what, these young athletes deserve a ton of respect for having some great showings despite all of this pressure and chaos (Spitsov and Bolshunov especially, although for Bolshunov that was a bit expected) :)

One big compliment to that team and especially their coaches for keeping their heads cool.

Exactly. In Russia no one expected this from them, the most pleasant surprise. After all the pressure. Bolshunov after the Tour de Ski was very ill, was 3 weeks in the hospital, he recovered right before the Olympics. They are all young, 21-22 years old, and they hope for a great future, especially for Nepryaeva. It is a pity that Ustyugov was not. President of the ski federation Elena Valbe does an excellent job, and coach Kramer

1 minute ago, Dimast said:

Exactly. In Russia no one expected this from them, the most pleasant surprise. After all the pressure. Bolshunov after the Tour de Ski was very ill, was 3 weeks in the hospital, he recovered right before the Olympics. They are all young, 21-22 years old, and they hope for a great future, especially for Nepryaeva. It is a pity that Ustyugov was not. President of the ski federation Elena Valbe does an excellent job, and coach Kramer

Plus, instant fan of Spitsov for just trying to attack Klaebo in the closing stages of the relay, knowing he basically had no chance (because who would have a chance there against Klaebo? Nobody, I guess), but he simply went for it and gave it a try anyway :cheer: