website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

This the ranking of the currently unqualified nations (after 1st subdivision) - :COL:ARM:CRO:AZE:LTU:GRE:POR:ARG:AUS:HKG:CRC

It's not defined yet how many will qualify. But, according to my calculations, somewhere between 22 and 32 individuals will quafliy (it depends on a lot of factors). :d Top 22 should be completly safe.

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

If I'm correct, they can even finish without an individual competitor :facepalm:

They have the right to send one individual gymnast no matter where their gymnasts place in the all-around. But this was a rough competition. They will not qualify a full team for sure, which is sad. Not even Lytwyn could have saved them after this disastrous performance.

The top 20 countries represented by 1 or 2 gymnasts (i.e., not teams) in the all-around will qualify for sure. Other individual quotas may be given depending on a few things (Romania qualifying a full team, for example). Since we have had 12 countries competing with individuals so far, there are still 20 countries to go and no one is officially qualified yet. But I'd say COL, ARM, CRO and AZE will qualify for sure. LTU, POR and GRE have a good shot. ARG is in trouble now, but Nicolas can still make it.

Edited by thiago_simoes

4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

top 20

Shouldn't it be top 22 at least?

60 teams members

4 nations that will fail to qualify a team

8 medalists from last year (could be reduced to 5)

3 continental quotas (2 Africa + 1 Oceania)

1 tripartite

That's 76, what leaves 22 quotas for individuals.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Shouldn't it be top 22 at least?

60 teams members

4 nations that will fail to qualify a team

8 medalists from last year (could be reduced to 5)

3 continental quotas (2 Africa + 1 Oceania)

1 tripartite

That's 76, what leaves 22 quotas for individuals.

You're right. For some reason I thought the maximum number of gymnasts was 96, but it indeed is 98.

This means COL and ARM have officially qualified.

Edited by thiago_simoes

We scored 350.6 points without Hambüchen?! :yikes:

5 points more than at the world championships last year ...

This score wouldve been enough for 5th place in qualification last year ...

This is really an amazing result for us, especially because Bretschneider scored about 2 points less than expected. I hope that Hambüchen, Nguyen and Bretschneider will be in top shape for Rio, then we could score 353 or 354 points. Toba had an amazing competition, probably the best of his life.

Either we got heavily overscored or those guys had an amazing preparation, i hope that we will still be able to improve until Rio.

Now only our women have to qualify, i am very optimistic. On paper we might have the best team of all nations, so we shouldnt get into trouble.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Apparently South Korean gymnast didn't get a score on the floor? :mumble:Anyway, that's at least what live scores say.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought that South Korea wasn't qualified for some reason. :p It's irrelevant what their gymnast does here.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen