website statistics

Men's Baseball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Baseball is a niche sport when it comes to Olympics. I don't see how MLB stops their season to have players involved.

Wishful thinking due to it being set in Los Angeles. Besides if not they will have hard time making sure they will be able to use Angel and Dodger stadium during the games, those will be some long away trips

:ISR

Pitchers: Jeremy Bleich, Jonathan DeMarte, Jake Fishman, Alex Katz, Jared Lakind, Alon Leichman, Shlomo Lipetz, Jon Moscot, Joey Wegman, Ben Wanger, Zack Weiss, Josh Zeid

Catchers: Tal Erel, Ryan Lavarnway, Nick Rickles

Infielders: Scott Burcham, Ty Kelly, Ian Kinsler, Zack Penprase, Danny Valencia

Outfielders: Blake Gailen, Mitch Glaser, Assaf Lowengart, Robb Paller

42 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I assume every single player is based in the USA? :p

Believe it or not, from what I could find, 3 of them were born and raised in Israel: Leichman, Lipetz, Erel. Though the first two were born to American parents and Erel spent part of his life in the US :p

25 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Believe it or not, from what I could find, 3 of them were born and raised in Israel: Leichman, Lipetz, Erel. Though the first two were born to American parents and Erel spent part of his life in the US :p

Being born in Israel is not what I meant. I meant whether they are living in USA. I checked this Shlomo Lipetz guy since that sounded like someone who wasn't born in USA and he was not but he lives in Brooklyn so checks down on my list too :p

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Being born in Israel is not what I meant. I meant whether they are living in USA. I checked this Shlomo Lipetz guy since that sounded like someone who wasn't born in USA and he was not but he lives in Brooklyn so checks down on my list too :p

They all signed an agreement of going to Israel fee times a year, and you should remember that they play in Minors league or Work in MLB teams, they have work in the US so they have no reason to move here to Israel, the law here is from 1950 and does not meant to serve the need for baseball team in the year of 2019-2020

31 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Due to this Israeli team project the sport gone into a giant upgrade here and fields are being built and more and more kids are taking part in the sport 

Will puzzle future archaelogists. Why did Middle Eastern people in the 21st century AD start worshipping a giant diamond shaped god?