website statistics

Volleyball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

5 minutes ago, dareza said:

But why this is suprise? I don't think this is surprise at all. Kim si so far in top 3 best player in the world.

Well in my opinion it was a surprise, cause :NED typically plays better as a team, where South Korea has some individualities, and the results have also been in favor of Netherlands - 13place at World Championship where Korea didn't even qualify, then second place at European Championship... even the bookmakers didn't really give South Korea a chance of winning ( the odds for Korea were about 7.00, and for Netherlands about 1.10 ) let alone 3-0, so for me it is maybe not something unbelievable, but really unexpected ;)

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

2 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Well in my opinion it was a surprise, cause :NED typically plays better as a team, where South Korea has some individualities, and the results have also been in favor of Netherlands - 13place at World Championship where Korea didn't even qualify, then second place at European Championship... even the bookmakers didn't really give South Korea a chance of winning ( the odds for Korea were about 7.00, and for Netherlands about 1.10 ) let alone 3-0, so for me it is maybe not something unbelievable, but really unexpected ;)

After EQT I sad that there is possibility that Italy or Netherlands can be without OG, but some users from this forum said that is not possible. I said that South Korea is not a team to be underestimated, same for Thailand.

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

After EQT I sad that there is possibility that Italy or Netherlands can be without OG, but some users from this forum said that is not possible. I said that South Korea is not a team to be underestimated, same for Thailand.

Well, teams on a very close level participate here, so anything is possible. To be honest because of many reasons i didn't really have the time to watch  womens EQT ( that's part of why i am now trying to catch as much women's games as possible ) besides Polish matches and the final, so I don't really know how the Dutch/Italian players performed there, but I really wouldn't be surprised if  at least one of them wouldn't manage to qualify, as especially the Asian teams play on really high level  here, so i Too think Thailand / Korea can be a very dangerous opponents to everyone and qualify to RIO. And Asian teams are typically good at women's volley ( China, Japan, Thailand, Korea are all really good )

TBH right now I think it will be Netherlands who has more chances of failing to qualify then Italy, not only because of today's match but also because some parts of their match vs Kazakhstan and the set they lose there proved something might not be right with that team

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

No surprises - Japan wins 3:0. Kazakhstan had its moments at the beginning of second set, but outside of that definitely weaker team, probably the weakest at this tournament.

Well that's better :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 5/15/2016 at 12:12, VolleyRuller96 said:

The odds for Kazakhstan winning against Japan are 26.00 :yikes:

Almost the same as Peru against Italy....and Kazakhstan is 30+ against South Korea :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Japan just lost their first set here against Korea. If they'd lose the match, only Italy would have 3 victories in 3 matches and secure their first place so far. Korea and Japan both could be 2/3rd, depending on set difference, and Netherlands would be fourth. Thailand would be in a very difficult situatio n before tommorow's match, as they will be the only team left with 3 points, so tommorows ultra hard game against Japan could decide if they will still fight for a berth to RIO. Kazskhstan and Dominican Rep. both have 0 points and  basically  are already eliminated.