website statistics

Badminton at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Hoping for a minimum 4 wins across all 5 events for Canadians. I think Michelle Li should win both her matches, Brian Yang should win at least one, and the women's doubles pair should beat Egypt. There is a chance for them to even beat Netherlands (their only other meeting, Canada won). Would be amazing for the women's doubles to make the knockout stage. 

Also for the KO round is it simply AvB, Cvd onward?

For doubles B & C will be drawn again (due to 2012 fiasco)

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

Hoping for a minimum 4 wins across all 5 events for Canadians. I think Michelle Li should win both her matches, Brian Yang should win at least one, and the women's doubles pair should beat Egypt. There is a chance for them to even beat Netherlands (their only other meeting, Canada won). Would be amazing for the women's doubles to make the knockout stage. 

Also for the KO round is it simply AvB, Cvd onward?

In all the doubles events there shall be a draw for the knockout matches. This is done because of the match fixing controversy in 2012 

On 08/07/2021 at 16:43, Griff88 said:

To make it simple, let's use the Slovak group ;)

Assuming the players A1, A2, A3 - then:

Day 1 - A1 vs A3

Day 2 - A2 vs A3

Day 3 - A1 vs A2

So, Martina Repiska will play in the first and second day.

They are right now (we can say LIVE) working on the schedule and I see Li vs Sotomayor as first match of the group on Sunday Day 2 :mumble:

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/badminton/olympic-schedule-and-results-date=2021-07-25.htm

obrázok.png

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

They are right now (we can say LIVE) working on the schedule and I see Li vs Sotomayor as first match of the group on Sunday Day 2 :mumble:

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/badminton/olympic-schedule-and-results-date=2021-07-25.htm

obrázok.png

Or they might decide that they will sort the schedule according to rank instead of group draw order.

My friends are also confused with this

5 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Or they might decide that they will sort the schedule according to rank instead of group draw order.

My friends are also confused with this

maybe there a reason why they stopped after day 2, they figured out something wrong on the schedulling ? :p