website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2021

Totallympics

• 4 months later...

The tournament starts tomorrow and there is few stupid and one very controversial decisions, to keep "bubble" safe there won't be line judges, journalists will can contact with players only via internet, there won't be handshakes after match and before the matches there won't be played national anthems of the teams, which is this one controversial decision. I don't get point at this restriction to not playing national anthems :wacko: 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:CAN was leading Turkey 2-1 sets, with 23 points in fourth, and ends up losing, next day defeats Olympic champions China. That is sport for you

Which also shows how irrelevant the Nations League is to most of the participating teams, especially now before the Olympics...

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Is Italy with the junior team, as they are 0-5 and probably after tonight 0-6 ?:mumble:

Italy, Serbia and China are here without their best players. for Italy and Serbia this is completely a B team (I mean top 12-16 players are training somewhere else with the NT coach) while China has a better team and I think I read somewhere that top players (including Zhu Ting) will join the rest somewhere in middle of the competition. am I right ? @Vic Liu

but you would expect Italy B to win some matches here. they are not "this" bad actually. there are some young and promising players in that team. they could beat Poland and Japan with a bit of luck.

16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Italy, Serbia and China are here without their best players. for Italy and Serbia this is completely a B team (I mean top 12-16 players are training somewhere else with the NT coach) while China has a better team and I think I read somewhere that top players (including Zhu Ting) will join the rest somewhere in middle of the competition. am I right ? @Vic Liu

but you would expect Italy B to win some matches here. they are not "this" bad actually. there are some young and promising players in that team. they could beat Poland and Japan with a bit of luck.

China Team A will arrive in June 5th, they will play from 6th or 7th I guess. China is eager to play with strong teams as they have no such chances after 2019 World Cup. All top players will show up later. China is performing so bad until now even it’s a team B. Hopefully things will get better.