website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

Totallympics

Do we really need this at the World Championships....in the second group round? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Mixed emotions about :FRA perfomance after their qualification for QFs...

It reminds me of France's performance at the Rio Olympics: great defense (France did not concede more than 20 goals in all their matches at this Championship) and a terrible attack. I hope France will be perfect, starting with the quarterfinals (like in Tokyo) :d

14 minutes ago, hckošice said:

and we have to play the Presidents cup :mad:

They seriously have to rethink their groups seeding, maybe IHF should think about seeding according the world ranking or so...

It's what you get when you qualify via wild card.

And IHF wild cards are known to have... shady reputation. :p

#banbestmen

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's what you get when you qualify via wild card.

And IHF wild cards are known to have... shady reputation. :p

Yea, sure, but still that feeling when we saw the groups seeding was quite weird.

However, I seriously doubt we bribed anyone for that wild card, I mean we are not so rich to buy things like that :d It was surprising move from IHF to pick Slovakia to say the least. But ok, once it happened, they should also think about more adequate seeding then I feel.

It should have been 2 teams and not 3 advancing from the first stage. 

If you wanted to have same amount of games then maybe make the teams coming from the same group play again instead of carrying the result.

Another alternative with this same format I propose could have been making the round 2 groups composed of 4 teams all from different round 1 groups (eg. One group with: E1+F2+G1+H2).

This way both the main round and the president cup become more exciting.