website statistics

Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

No tennis medal for Greece :cry:

Pretty disappointing. I think some Greek fans had expectations that were way too high (expecting 3 tennis medals), but I thought we could've gotten 1. Oh well...

Happy for Djokovic that he's in two semifinals. I hope he wins gold in singles and another medal in mixed doubles!

Bencic is also in the doubles final w/Golubic. However they will be total outsiders against Krejcikova/Siniakova (whom I picked to win doubles in predictions myself).

Also for the bet contest - anyone who picked a player wins two medals in tennis can cash out already (however even I didn't expect Bencic will be that player :lol: ).

12 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Bencic is also in the doubles final w/Golubic. However they will be total outsiders against Krejcikova/Siniakova (whom I picked to win doubles in predictions myself).

Also for the bet contest - anyone who picked a player wins two medals in tennis can cash out already (however even I didn't expect Bencic will be that player :lol: ).

It's interesting because one could've expected her to win a medal in mixed doubles with Federer or in women's doubles with either Hingis or Bacsinszky (who won silver together in Rio and both retired since then)

Sorry but I will be very annoyed if Rybakina wins bronze over Svitolina. I hate when countries like Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Turkey buy athletes and then win medals. I think it is totally against the Olympic spirit if you don't have connections to a country other than money.

38 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Sorry but I will be very annoyed if Rybakina wins bronze over Svitolina. I hate when countries like Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Turkey buy athletes and then win medals. I think it is totally against the Olympic spirit if you don't have connections to a country other than money.

This isn't any different than Johanna Konta switching over to UK or Ajla Tomljanovic representing Australia. They were simply offered better financial support in a sport which is very expensive until you reach a certain level of success.

51 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

This isn't any different than Johanna Konta switching over to UK or Ajla Tomljanovic representing Australia. They were simply offered better financial support in a sport which is very expensive until you reach a certain level of success.

Yes, I wouldn't want them winning medals either especially Tomljanovic because her 'connections' are so fake.

They can win WTA tour events and I don't care, but not the Olympics.

Although I think Konta did live in the UK for several years growing up so I'll give her a pass.

Time for the bronze medal match.

:NZL Venus/Daniell will try to win New Zealand's first tennis medal (not counting Australasia), while :USA Krajicek/Sandgren are the last medal chance for America here in Tokyo...

#banbestmen