website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

9 hours ago, LDOG said:

Women's javelin desperately needs a new star and this girl could be it. The most unremarkable field event over the last few years.

Throwing events in general don't create a lot of interest. Also most field events aren't super exciting currently, except for maybe men's pole vault, men's shot put, women's triple jump and to some degree women's high jump.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I think her and :GRE Elina Tzengko will have a big rivalry in the future

Or they both will never amount to anything like most teen phenoms before. Hussong and Andrejczyk? are both easily young enough to go until 2024 at least and both have thrown 69+ m this year, a level that very few have reached before.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think this is becoming somewhat of a tradition for Polish athletes. I seem to remember a Polish male thrower doing something similar after Rio 2016. Definitely the kind of tradition I can get behind :hatoff:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 8/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, rybak said:

And lets remember that she wad badly injured four months ago and it was unsure if she will be able to compete in this season.

And also that it's La-Chaux-de-Fonds, Europe's own Cheboksary :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Jama Karaacin, 'who has a history of athletics'. Also known as Jama Aden, who has a history of doping, syringes, EPO, etc.

Gotta love it, just change your name and vamos.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Jama Karaacin, 'who has a history of athletics'. Also known as Jama Aden, who has a history of doping, syringes, EPO, etc.

Gotta love it, just change your name and vamos.

There are loads of convicted and widely suspected ex dopers coaching including some very prominent athletes,