website statistics

Summer Non-Olympic Sports Discussion Thread

Bearas

11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

You should read into the Barkley Marathons. I enjoy following the race each year.

Yeah the Barkley Marathons are an amazing ultra trail event as well! Even more of a survival and navigation contest than a race.

I personally love watching the youtube movies/documentaries some trail runners produce. Somewhere between a nature documentary and a sports race, my two biggest hobbies combined!

11 hours ago, Dragon said:

Sunday saw the return, after three years, of the World Bog Snorkelling Championships in Wales

One again it proved that the British are the best in the world at making complete  fools of themselves by swimming in a dirty trench of water and getting covered in leeches and frogs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11154625/Divers-plumb-depths-battle-world-bog-snorkelling-championships.html

People may mock, but this is how golf began.

14 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I'm fascinated by trail running. I run trails of between 20-30 km every now and then. But then there's people out there running 100 km or even 100 miles in the mountains.

This weekend saw the biggest trail race in the world held in Chamonix, France: the UMTB (Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc). Winners of the 100 mile race around the Mt Blanc were :ESP Killian Jornet and :USA Katie Schide. But honestly anyone that finishes races like that is a winner in my eyes.

And still there are people who might see this as mere practice or a warmup for the Swiss Ultra :d

In that event, the 'main event' is a tenfold Iron Man distance triathlon, non-stop (other than moments where you decide to take a break of course). So yes, that is 38km swimming, 1800km cycling and 422km running. This year's edition finished last week I believe :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And still there are people who might see this as mere practice or a warmup for the Swiss Ultra :d

In that event, the 'main event' is a tenfold Iron Man distance triathlon, non-stop (other than moments where you decide to take a break of course). So yes, that is 38km swimming, 1800km cycling and 422km running. This year's edition finished last week I believe :p 

Dang that's the most insane distance I've heard yet. I knew there was some 200 mile running races like Swiss Peaks Trail and Tor des Geants, but I'm not as familiar with the crazy crowd that is iron man(+) triathletes.

I'll stick to training for the 28k Zevenheuvelentrail (Seven hills trail) in two weeks. Seven Dutch 'mountains' is enough for me :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

UNIF Futnet (Football-Tennis) Mens World Championship 2022, Prague :CZE

Singles

1. Hungary :HUN

2. Slovakia :SVK

3. Czech Republic :CZE

Doubles

1. France :FRA @De_Gambassi   :d

2. Slovakia :SVK

3. Czech Republic :CZE

Triples

1. Slovakia :SVK

2. Czech Republic :CZE

3. France :FRA

One of the rare moments when Slovakia win against Czechia in CZE :p

MSNOHEJBAL2022_20.jpg?itok=Qv8p8a6U

Full Standings

Spoiler

1_0_0_1667922567_09057.jpg

1_0_0_1667922567_00627.jpg

1_0_0_1667922566_05947.jpg

Edited by hckošice

• 1 month later...

A new hybrid sport, that i came across recently is Chessboxing. :cool: Now this is something i can get invested in with a proper development. The two sports are so different, that combining them feels so interesting. :d

You can check this fresh example from this week, though it is not the best one from a pure sporting merit i reckon. But these two are pretty famous youtube chess players and this is how a stumbled on this.