website statistics

Summer Non-Olympic Sports Discussion Thread

Bearas

On 6/3/2022 at 6:47 PM, hckošice said:

In the topic of Obscure sports, the beautiful city of Košice will host from tomorrow 4th June 2022 the European Mini-Football Championship in the former TISC venue and Košice Ice Hockey saint temple the Steel Arena :d

24 Nations will play

:SVK in Group A with :ITA :POL and :BEL

https://www.emfeuro.eu/group-matches-en

The tournament started yesterday

286033852_4784249618348092_8043712792239

and with a Good start for the host :yes

Day 1 Results

A-

POL-ITA 4-1

SVK-BEL 2-0

B-

ROU-AZE 2-0

ALB-ESP 0-0

C-

BUL-AUT 4-1

D-

HUN-POR 5-0

E-

SRB-MDA 1-1

CZE-FRA 1-1

F-

ENG-ISR 2-1

Humans rule, equines drool!

A runner has won the man v horse event for only the third time since the competition began in 1980.

Runner Ricky Lightfoot received £3,500 after beating the first horse by more than two minutes on a 22.5 mile (36km) course in Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61773202

• 2 months later...

I'm fascinated by trail running. I run trails of between 20-30 km every now and then. But then there's people out there running 100 km or even 100 miles in the mountains.

This weekend saw the biggest trail race in the world held in Chamonix, France: the UMTB (Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc). Winners of the 100 mile race around the Mt Blanc were :ESP Killian Jornet and :USA Katie Schide. But honestly anyone that finishes races like that is a winner in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

I'm fascinated by trail running. I run trails of between 20-30 km every now and then. But then there's people out there running 100 km or even 100 miles in the mountains.

This weekend saw the biggest trail race in the world held in Chamonix, France: the UMTB (Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc). Winners of the 100 mile race around the Mt Blanc were :ESP Killian Jornet and :USA Katie Schide. But honestly anyone that finishes races like that is a winner in my eyes.

You should read into the Barkley Marathons. I enjoy following the race each year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Sunday saw the return, after three years, of the World Bog Snorkelling Championships in Wales

Once again it proved that the British are the best in the world at making complete  fools of themselves by swimming in a dirty trench of water and getting covered in leeches and frogs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11154625/Divers-plumb-depths-battle-world-bog-snorkelling-championships.html