website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

We lost at home to Luxembourg :d

But you know everything goes according to plan...we won against Kosovo apparently a couple of days ago so perhaps the mega goal of winning a international game time by time is done... 

I'm just wondering how long they'll last with that decades of neverending patience and neverending fund of this nonsense. year after year, millions are absorbed in a sport that does not interest anyone in the country and that could have gone into other more promising sports.

• 8 months later...

You learn something every day...

for example today I learned Slovakia (yes we do have a male NT) had to beat Northern Macedonia by exactly 16 points, which was precisely the only result that would qualify both teams (SVK and MKD) instead of Switzerland... I am pretty sure SVK never won against Macedonia as far as i know in the past, almost sure never lost to them by less than 10 points...

however yesterday Slovakia by a "shocking" buzzer won by exactly 16 points.

No one in this planet will convince me this suspicious outcome (to say the least) does not smells fishy at all....

Feel sorry for :SUI though..

• 2 weeks later...

FIBA Basketball 2023 World Cup Americas Qualifiers

241016587_2805357173089679_5145565721012

In the first round, the 16 teams are divided into four groups and each team will play against each other in their own group. The top three teams from each group will qualify for the second round of qualifiers.

In the second round, the 12 teams that qualified will be divided into two groups of six (E and F). Each team will play against the three new teams in its own group. 

• Group E: 1A, 2A, 3A, 1C, 2C, 3C
  • Group F: 1B, 2B, 3B, 1D, 2D, 3D

Then the three best teams from each group, and the fourth-placed team will qualify to the FIBA Basketball 2023 World Cup which will take place from August 25 to September 10.

In this way, 30 teams will secure their ticket to the FIBA Basketball 2023 World Cup, where they will join the hosts Japan and the Philippines, qualifying directly. Indonesia will seek its pass through the FIBA Asia Cup 2021, which was rescheduled for 2022, where it will need to finish in the top eight teams.

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, NaBUru38 said:

The 2023 Fiba World Cup qualifiers first round starts on November 25 for Africa, Americas and Europe. The start of the Asia-Pacific qualifiers first round has been postponed to February.

You sure ? I can't see anything about that on FIBA website and I just heard that we will play Bahrain in 2 weeks.

apparently they postponed games of one group in Asia. not all the games.