Elburg Botters :SLO:BRA:ARG:GER:KAZ 96 66 75 Did not advance
Veluwe Vipers :POL:LTU:CRO:EGY:GRE 35 Did not advance
Apeldoorn Gorillas :IND:IRL:POR:INA:MEX 105 78 95    
Nunspeet Wolves

:ESP:SVK:USA:CAN:MLT

113 89 87    

* last placed team at the conclusion of each round will be eliminated

#banbestmen

@Bohemia no clue how “Run Boy Run” isn’t winning this thing by a hundred votes at this point. It’s one of the best songs of the last decade. Yes, I did only give it third myself, but still...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I can reveal that the Netherlands won Florida and Canada might win Pennsylvania/Georgia/Arizona/Nevada, though Arizona called it early for Serbia

12 -- :NED 

11 -- :HUN

10 -- :CAN

9 -- :EGY

8 -- :TUN

7 -- :IRL

6 -- :LTU

5 -- :GER

4 -- :MDA

3 -- :GRE

2 -- :POR

1 -- :KAZ

R1 -- :GBR

R2 -- :NZL

R3 -- :ESP

R4 -- :FRA

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Bohemia no clue how “Run Boy Run” isn’t winning this thing by a hundred votes at this point. It’s one of the best songs of the last decade. Yes, I did only give it third myself, but still...

I am surprised about a different song not running away with this, but I won't say which song is that before I vote. 

This is by far the most @dezbee2008 and I have agreed in our votes. We had 6/7 songs that we both identified as points worthy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Snack break!

An impressive post-lunch surge from Serbia has put them in a strong lead, with Canada as only main rival left at the moment. It's TISC however, so one would be ill-advised to count out Ireland, Malta, France or even India just yet!

It's time for a bit of a snack break and we're going with two varieties - we wouldn't recommend mixing them, but either way, you're good. First off is one of the most Dutch snacks or semi-snacks one can find: haring, the Dutch word for herring. There is only one correct way to eat this fish and it is raw, possibly with some pieces of raw onion, and straight out of the hand: tilt your head backwards, lift the haring up above your mouth and bite off a nice, juicy piece. The flavour is a little strong, but very good, and it'll be easy to get yourself a haring wherever you go. Especially look for 'Hollandse Nieuwe', the name for the newly caught fish in the right season, when their fat percentage is just that bit higher - usually you can get them in May or June.

haring.png?itok=tQGHvvCe

The only correct way of eating haring, although this poor lady does seem to have forgotten her onions

Since the end of the year is closing in, we really don't have much of a choice and we will need to indulge everyone in the delight that's called oliebollen - literally translated to 'oil balls', which sounds a whole lot less tasty than it really is. These balls are made with dough and either come with or without raisins. If there is a Dutch tradition related to food, it is the selling and eating of oliebollen in the second half of December and especially the last week of the year. No New Year's Eve celebration is complete without a good set of either freshly baked or reheated (oven, not microwave) oliebollen, generally eaten with a generous amount of sugar on top of them.

Oliebollen-met-bier.jpg

A stack of oliebollen at the ready, some people are fine eating them cold, but they really are best eaten hot

For our musical intermezzo, we travel to the late nineties - and 2000 - and we meet the Vengaboys, apparently one of the biggest Dutch exports as far as music goes. The dance group was incredibly popular for two or three years and then mostly faded away. We'll avoid some of the more superficial songs like "Parada de tettas", I'm sure our Portuguese-speaking users will know the meaning, and "Boom, boom, boom, boom, I want you in my room", and go to a still fairly superficial, but at least just festive song: "We're going to Ibiza!". The video clip has a small parody on Bill Clinton, by the way: one can see hints towards his affair when the plane in the video travels past the White House.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Personal votes:

12 - :CZE (Very happy with this after @hckosice refered to my beautiful state of California as “Cali”. That is a city in Colombia sir :mad:)

11 - :TUN

10 - :FRA

9 - :CRO

8 - :IRL

7 - :EGY

6 - :DEN

5 - :ROU

4 - :SLO

3 - :CAN

2 - :MLT

1 - :KAZ

R1 - :SRB