website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

We will have to review it on case-to-case basis, but for what it's worth, there are 5 pro-establishment and 2 anti-establishment nations voting in the final session. :p

But how can we define these anyway? Suggestions?

Establishment - light rock / polished pop, English language, solo artist / duet ?

Anti-establishment - anything else ?

#banbestmen

Henry_Leon: "Sometimes the Sound is Enough"

XvFnl0Y.png

Staying inside of the Committee requires users to continuosly award points to the winning songs. It is a job too difficult for most, but not so much for the Italians. Such is the case with Henry_Leon, a true stalwart of the Italian judging panel and selection subcommittee...

Q: How do you go about evaluating TISC entries? Do you use a specific system when picking out your Top 12?

A: Easy system: I listen to the songs and put a vote (from 5 to 8, includes decimals...). After I listen to the songs a second time (cut the song under six of vote); and in the third listen I have a ranking.

Q: And what about the maximum 12 points? Can you recognize it immediately? Or do you take a certain amount of time before deciding on it?

A: Difficult at first listen because there are always many beautiful songs.

Q: Do you have a favorite music genre? Is there any genre you would like to hear more of on the TISC stage?

A: No, I like music in general.

Q: How important are lyrics to you?

A: 50/50. If it is possible to know what meaning the words is a good thing, but sometimes it isn't possible, and/or the music sound is enough, for a like.

Q: And finally... How can we get 12 points from Henry_Leon?

A: There is no formula, genre or famous songs, depends on the moment and on the other songs in the contest.

If Henry_Leon's musical preferences still feel like a jigsaw puzzle - maybe this will help. One of the resident Italian jurors has outlined the following entries as favorites during the most recent editions...

Spoiler

Stay tuned for more user interviews to come, as we count down to TOISC 2020...

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I'm hoping to be able to send out templates not later than Wednesday. It's a shitload of work :lol: but so far so good, although a good number of votes still have to be counted. No word yet on which strongholds they are coming from.

We could send you two guys from Nevada to help you count the votes, you will definitely have them by Wednesday, but since you never specified the year or month, well, nothing to worry about, as long as it'll be there on a Wednesday.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

We will have to review it on case-to-case basis, but for what it's worth, there are 5 pro-establishment and 2 anti-establishment nations voting in the final session. :p

But how can we define these anyway? Suggestions?

Establishment - light rock / polished pop, English language, solo artist / duet ?

Anti-establishment - anything else ?

Anti-establishment, they have to be no more than 20% off of @dezbee2008 scorecard. 

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Mad World really did score a ton of 12 pointers.

And rightfully so.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Werloc said:

Anti-establishment, they have to be no more than 20% off of @dezbee2008 scorecard. 

We can be any state except Pennsylvania.

While we won't push you to victory, we'll give you just enough points to feel good about yourself

:KOR  South Korea  :KOR 

Lee Juck -  Don't Worry

The main-theme OST from the highest ranking TV series Reply 1988 (of all nations) in China. A touching warm-hearted song which often reminds me of the TV show and can't help sobbing.