website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2020

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Down to 20 songs (maybe less). Group D winner climbed to 25th overall, not enough to advance.

That's why you always give up on Group D.

You're familiar with the system of my voting and it somewhat helps me save quite some time.

Yeah, cool, this song is actually the best out of those that I disliked the most. Does it suck that I'll only listen to that specific song only once? Perhaps. But realistically, what chance does a song that starts from 28th position even have to get anywhere close to a top twelve? 

You can always identify a small portion of the songs that won't have enough growth to challenge the competition even after that singular listen.

Usually it's only the top 20 that can do some damage in the long run and I tend to have that sorted after the second listen as I say goodbye to another 3 to 5 songs before the actual bloodbath starts.

22 minutes ago, Werloc said:

That's why you always give up on Group D.

You're familiar with the system of my voting and it somewhat helps me save quite some time.

Yeah, cool, this song is actually the best out of those that I disliked the most. Does it suck that I'll only listen to that specific song only once? Perhaps. But realistically, what chance does a song that starts from 28th position even have to get anywhere close to a top twelve? 

You can always identify a small portion of the songs that won't have enough growth to challenge the competition even after that singular listen.

Usually it's only the top 20 that can do some damage in the long run and I tend to have that sorted after the second listen as I say goodbye to another 3 to 5 songs before the actual bloodbath starts.

Well, I have tried several different systems, with every song getting one, two or even three listens minimum. These days I aim to give at least two chances to everyone, mostly because I wish to have a better memory of each entry for when the Grand Final comes.

#banbestmen

39 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, I have tried several different systems, with every song getting one, two or even three listens minimum. These days I aim to give at least two chances to everyone, mostly because I wish to have a better memory of each entry for when the Grand Final comes.

Yeahhh, that moment when you see a song enter top 5 and you can't recollect a single note from that entry, so you run quickly to page 1 of the thread to listen to the song, thinking that perhaps you've made a mistake and quickly understand that the music taste in this place is just wildly wildly different :d