website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 News

are they already short of money?

they don't want to host rowing in a proper venue, they want to move the slalom canoeing thousend miles away...

they're doing even worse than Japan and Italy...:facepalm:

the IOC should take care of these things rather than their "gender equality" and "youth and urban" obsession...:hairpull:

I was a bit of a thorn in LA28’s side regarding this during my time at ATR. LA doesn’t have a canoe slalom venue, so this was always going to be a sticky issue with their “no build” promise. Plus, they set lofty environmental goals, and it’d be tough to justify this kind of water use in a state that’s drought prone. They always held their cards close on the matter though. I haven’t heard any whispers about this, so can’t speak to likelihood of that happening.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

LA Organizing Committee is seriously considering to move the Canoe Slalom events to Oklahoma City ... Riversport Rapids Whitewater Center in Oklahoma will already host the canoe slalom world champs in 2026

Well, still a lot closer than Tahiti is to Paris

• 2 months later...

Let's hope it doesn't rain too much in summer of 2028 or else this will be an all-time joke.

SoFi Stadium build for 4 billion dollars requires a mop because the wind blew the rain inside the domed stadium during the college football final tonight :lol:

• 7 months later...

Are the IOC prepared in case a President at the time bans certain nations from entering the country to compete. If Trump is President I am skeptical if he would allow countries like Iran and maybe even Cuba and/or China to compete. 

Edited by Orangehair43

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Canada and the United States support Haudenosaunee Nationals for 2028 Olympics

Not surprised about the support, but I find it unlikely the IOC will allow it. At best they might let them compete as independent individuals.

World Lacrosse joint statement with :IRC : https://worldlacrosse.sport/article/joint-statement-from-world-lacrosse-and-haudenosaunee-nationals-lacrosse/

World Lacrosse and Haudenosaunee Nationals Lacrosse express our sincere gratitude to President Biden and the United States government for their expressed support of Haudenosaunee inclusion in the lacrosse competition at the LA28 Olympic Games. Recognition of the cultural significance of lacrosse to the Haudenosaunee people – and the Haudenosaunee people to lacrosse – is an important step in our Olympic journey.

The Olympic Games are the most powerful platform for promoting understanding and peace among nations. We look forward to continuing to collaborate with the International Olympic Committee, LA28, and the U.S. and Canadian Olympic Committees to explore potential pathways for the Haudenosaunee to participate in the Olympics while respecting the Olympic Games framework. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela