website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Los Angeles 2028 News

23 minutes ago, dcro said:

The logo is GIF? Who was in charge, bestmen??

It’s not a GIF, per say, but yeah, pretty much. Each different A was designed by local athletes, celebrities, and artists. The logo is always changing, and represents the awesome diversity and culture of LA.

If you go to the LA28 YouTube Channel, you can see a lot of the stories behind the different A’s

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

the one at 0:45 my god ! :roflmao:

Matches the artistic style of a lot of famous Hispanic artists.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Consensus on the logo(s) seems to be that most people like the concept, but feel like the execution is lacking. I feel that way too. They’ve got eight years, so maybe they’ll have some time to make some popular changes.

I will say from a communications point-of-view, this is ingenious. It really makes the Games feel focused on the athletes and local community. It plays to many of the values Angelenos pride themselves on. It’s also a great marketing strategy. Merchandising should be really strong since people will have some different logos to chose from, or even try to collect. Plus, they have eight years to add more styles, make alterations, etc.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Consensus on the logo(s) seems to be that most people like the concept, but feel like the execution is lacking. I feel that way too. They’ve got eight years, so maybe they’ll have some time to make some popular changes.

Don't hold your breath. Logos never change (unless they are confirmed rip-offs :p).

#banbestmen