website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, where to begin…

The forum stayed online another year thanks to @Sindo. It got a facelift thanks to the content generated by @Matej@JoshMartini007@Vojthas @Mkbw50 and others. Our results section grew thanks to the major contribution of @frantic13poland, among others. We celebrated another two editions of TISC under the guidance of @OlympicIRL, with wonderful hosts @Vektor @Hipooo. Our competitive circuit of prediction contests was once again successfully overseen by @Wumo, and our end of year awards revived by @vinipereira. Finally, the moderation team kept things (mostly) civil in the threads for another year against all odds. Hats off all :hatoff:

It finally felt like international sports returned to a semi-normal state this year. We celebrated another Olympics, World Cup, and numerous other events together. Unfortunately, it was also a year marked by conflict. Conflict between nations; between internal domestic forces; between users. It was certainly a year of highs and lows; from top athletes missing the Olympics due to Covid and other injuries, to Messi finally leading Argentina to a World Cup victory. Some of us spent time recovering from injuries and illness, while others celebrated bringing a new life into the world. Through it all, and not to lean too hard on the favorite cliche of the international sports community, we were united by sport. 

Whether we were captivated or devastated, entertained or bored, overjoyed by victory or ostensibly angered by loss; users alike were connected by sport. We screamed, laughed, argued, celebrated, and debated like one large dysfunctional family; a brotherhood of international sports fans. I can say, without a shred of doubt, that my year was inextricably improved by the time I spent on this forum. If time is money, then joining the forum just over four years ago was one of my more sound investments. I’d like to thank all of you for your contributions to this forum. We’ve collectively grown such a wonderful, even if occasionally frustrating, community. 

Additionally, many of you have been so incredibly supportive of my career as an international sports journalist. I can’t thank you enough for your support. I can only hope to repay you with more excellent content in the year to come. 

So with that sentiment, let’s remember fondly the year we’re leaving behind, and greet the future with great enthusiasm. We’re now mere minutes away from the last Totallympics time zone joining everyone else in the New Year, so break out the confetti, libations, firecrackers, boomsticks, and cursed vuvuzelas. It’s time for one last celebration in 2022!

Thank you for the kind recognition.

Totallympics continues to be a place that keeps the Olympic flame and love for Olympic sports alive. As the IOC is increasingly controversial and athletics and other sports seem more and more squeezed, we keep the love and interest up and everyone can contribute, whether they've been a member for years or days

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Happy Easter and enjoy the tasty things and free day if you have it :d

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 months later...

Well, if you’re going to find a crafty way to advertise it…

Happy birthday to the (at present) only Slovakian I know @hckošice

Very Funny Oops GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela