website statistics

Paralympic Sports Discussion Thread

uk12points

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

What is interesting is all team sports reduced to 8 teams max per event.

There were quite a few substantial changes overall, but I was surprised by this one for sure.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

:ERI:SWZ admitted as members of the IPC.

:CRC has it’s recognized NPC changed from one organization to another

:DJI:SUD have had their membership terminated.

:COM:SEY have had their NPCs suspended for the time being.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Lighting struck twice today. Twice, biathletes in contention for victory in different biathlon events at the world championships started an extra loop instead of going down the finish shoot. You’d think they wouldn’t want to do any extra skiing as it was the long distance events as well :p:wacko:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I’m trying to find copies of the results books for Beijing 2008, Torino 2006, and Athens 2004. I’ve checked the Olympic Library and looked around the archived official websites on Wayback Machine. I’ve found a few results books on IF websites, but quite a few still missing from my collection. Any tips on where those may be available? 

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m trying to find copies of the results books for Beijing 2008, Torino 2006, and Athens 2004. I’ve checked the Olympic Library and looked around the archived official websites on Wayback Machine. I’ve found a few results books on IF websites, but quite a few still missing from my collection. Any tips on where those may be available? 

I dont know is this something you were asking for but here you go

https://db.ipc-services.org/sdms/hira

43 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I dont know is this something you were asking for but here you go

https://db.ipc-services.org/sdms/hira

Yeah, that’s the IPC database. It has the all the official results, but not in the original PDF format. It’s a great statistical resource though.

• 3 months later...

May be an image of 3 people and people standing

Apparently i thought it's Bahrain who won the gold , but after some search it appeared to be Nepal Shrijana Ghising who won gold in women's para taekwondo final grand prix in -57 category , looks like Bahrain doesn't care about neutralizing para athletes like Olympic athletes :d

• 1 month later...

Initial sports program approved for LA28: https://www.paralympic.org/news/la28-paralympic-games-initial-sport-programme-feature-22-sports

Pretty much the same as Paris 2024, though LA28 can explore the inclusion of para climbing and/or para surfing. Tough loss for World Sailing who made a very public push to have para sailing reinstated on the program.