website statistics

Paralympic Sports Discussion Thread

uk12points

On 12/01/2018 at 03:28, bestmen said:

the draw of goalball

i don't know why they put Group A B C D men/women , is it mixing tournament :lol:

Because both tournaments happen at the same period and place, it is "easier" to call the Women's groups "C" and "D" to avoid any confusion.

BTW, really unbalanced draw in Women's with China, USA, Brazil (all top 4 at last Paralympics) and Canada (current continental champions) in the same group.

55 minutes ago, GER-PJ said:

Can anyone help me?

I can't find the schedule of the wheelchair curling competiton in PyeongChang 2018? 

https://www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/document/180112134921391_PWG+2018+-+Para+Ice+Hockey+schedule+-+Master.pdf

Welcome in Totallympics :d

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

This is Sledge Hockey, looks like the wheelchair curling detailed schedule isn´t unveiled yet

• 2 months later...

:IRL:NZL:POL and :COL got the last spots for the upcoming Wheelchair Rugby World Championship.

I have to say that the draw in this qualification tournament was pretty bad, since all teams from Group A have lost their semifinals/placing semifinals. But of course it also might be the fact that I'm still sad Brazil didn't qualify :(

• 2 weeks later...

Groups were drawn for 2018 IBSA Blind Football World Championships. The winner will qualify to the 2020 Paralympics.

Even though Brazil lost the Pan American championship to Argentina (the first defeat in almost a decade I think), we got an easier group I think...

Spoiler

DbeDNFbU0AAWS9t.jpg