website statistics

Biathlon 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Indian National Biathlon Championship - held at the Gulmarg Golf Club.

news_373464_1.jpg

Quite familiar with this from when I used to live in Asia.  The guy who gets his photo in the paper is the local politician, not one of the athletes.  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Quite familiar with this from when I used to live in Asia.  The guy who gets his photo in the paper is the local politician, not one of the athletes.  :thumbup:

I saw that is was not one of the biathletes and chuckled a little bit.  I love the hat.  The area looks very Soldier Hollow-esque.

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

I saw that is was not one of the biathletes and chuckled a little bit.  I love the hat.  The area looks very Soldier Hollow-esque.

Nah, there’s too many trees. The place that reminds me most of Soldier Hollow is Almaty. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Both Anders Bratli and Michael Greis will leave their positions as coaches of mens and womens Polish biathlon teams after this weekend! :yikes: Just year before Olympics. What is even worse, previous womens shitty coach Adam Kołodziejczyk will take both teams :hairpull:

On 11/03/2021 at 16:18, RobtheAggie said:

Indian National Biathlon Championship - held at the Gulmarg Golf Club.

news_373464_1.jpg

If you ask about biathlete it's just about who skis the fastest. Unavailablility of nordic skiis is a issue. Almost all teams are from defence forces so expect them to not miss targets. And with shooting being encouraged as sport they'd give up on biathlon I believe .