website statistics

Totallympics Summer Games 2020

Olympian1010

24 minutes ago, dcro said:

Matt is losing his organization left, right and center. I guess he can now relate to AIBA losing its federation to IOC. :p

Seriously. I don’t actually care who ends up doing what (and that will be apart of the discussion this weekend), but I do have some experience organizing online events like this. Plus, I’d like to incorporate things like streaming, which means I have to vet apps to see if that’s possible. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 godzin temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I’m going to leave this up for discussion until Friday. At that point I’ll go through the answer, and we can begin planning.

Do you like the idea of a Totallympics Summer Games?

A) YES

B) NO

Would you participate in the Totallympics Summer Games if they were held?

A) YES

B) NO

What would you like to see included on the program for a Totallympics Summer Games?

- Answer on own 

Yes and Yes

What about darts: PDC Darts Match

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Seriously. I don’t actually care who ends up doing what (and that will be apart of the discussion this weekend), but I do have some experience organizing online events like this. Plus, I’d like to incorporate things like streaming, which means I have to vet apps to see if that’s possible. 

Yeah, figuring out a schedule of all this should be a lot of fun. :d

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, figuring out a schedule of all this should be a lot of fun. :d

Good thing I love meticulous planning :d

I think the organization structure we should go for is to divide the organization into departments. So I can handle the info side of things (scheduling, signups, results keeping, etc.), while Vojthas and I can handle the broadcast, then someone can be responsible for visual look (logo, maybe graphics, etc.), and then we could users familiar with the various games be the technical officials responsible for running those sports. At least that’s what I’m going to suggest tomorrow.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Results of Interest/Feasibility Poll

Do you like the idea of a Totallympics Summer Games?

A) YES (11)

B) NO

Would you participate in the Totallympics Summer Games if they were held?

A) YES (9)

B) NO (1)

C) Unsure (1)

Based of the results of the Interest/Feasibility Poll, I’d say we can conclude that there is significant interest in having such an event. 

Okay, so now to discuss the organization of the games. I’ve read what people have posted, and I like what I see.

Personally, I would like to be responsible for the scheduling, signups, results, and overall organizing of the games. I have experience with planning these type of online events, and I actually enjoy doing that stuff. @Vojthas could help me with this since he’d already be helping with the broadcast, and didn’t have much interest in competing.

We would then be assisted by a team of technical officials. Technical officials would be responsible for the running of the individual event. They would be very knowledgeable/familiar with the application/program being used, or activity being done.

Before we move further, we need to figure organization. We need to adopt this proposal, or come up with a different one. 

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am thinking about where to put the TISC spin-off. Initially the first Saturday seemed ideal, but maybe it would be better to put on the middle Saturday as the centerpiece event?

Well it would depend what the schedule of the other events are. I’m assuming we want everyone around for that.

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well it would depend what the schedule of the other events are. I’m assuming we want everyone around for that.

And that's why you should work the schedule around it. :evil:

#banbestmen

44 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am thinking about where to put the TISC spin-off. Initially the first Saturday seemed ideal, but maybe it would be better to put on the middle Saturday as the centerpiece event?

As a part of the opening ceremony?