website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Google has published the rankings of the most "googled" things in Slovakia for 2021 

The most googled thing was ... surprise, surprise .. Informations about Covid :p followed by the Vaccination Lottery in Slovakia in 2nd and the Population Census in the country.

In the Category of popular celebrities the absolute winner is Petra Vlhová :) ahead of one female rich influencer in 2nd place, Boris Valábik former Ice Hockey player now more a TV celebrity in 3rd place, new PM Heger in 4th and haha... Rory Sabbatini the Tokyo 2020 Golf silver medalist in 5th place :lol:

In fact 5 sport persons are in this top 10 Vlhová 1st, Valábik 3rd, Sabbatini 5th, Peter Sagan 8th and our supposed biggest talent in our history, NHL next year draft super prospect Juraj Slafkovský in 9th.

For foreign celebrities, Slovaks googled the most

Lady Gaga :lol: followed by Alec Baldwin, the Pope Francis,  Cristiano Ronaldo being the hisghest sport person in this ranking in 4th and dancer Charlie D´Amelio who I had no idea who it is a couple of seconds before writing this comment lol.

In category movies : Black widow

in category vacations and travel: Greece, Croatia, Zanzibar lol, Turkey and Egypt

In category Events : Population Census, Vaccination Lottery, Ice Hockey World Championships, Tornado in CZE, Afghanistan situation and the visit of the Pope in Slovakia

Googling Pope Francis in 3rd seems more odd than Lady Gaga in 1st :p 

Edit: Ah, the last words of the post make that clear suddenly :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Googling Pope Francis in 3rd seems more odd than Lady Gaga in 1st :p 

Edit: Ah, the last words of the post make that clear suddenly :d 

Seriously I can not find a single reason why I would google Lady Gaga. I never did it in my life I believe :d

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Seriously I can not find a single reason why I would google Lady Gaga. I never did it in my life I believe :d

But even fewer for a pope :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

At last!  Even as a small boy I felt swindled by the names centipede & millipede.  Where else but Australia, Mother Nature’s retirement home for failed experiments?

Millipede that really does have 1,000 legs is discovered in Australia: Previous bugs only sported a maximum of 750

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10316757/First-millipede-1-000-legs-discovered-Australian-mine.html

Do we have a theological thread here?  :pope:

Anyway, Mariah Carey graciously concedes that the Virgin Mary, and not she, is indeed Queen of Christmas. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10321715/Mariah-Carey-humbly-confesses-not-Queen-Christmas.html

Quite a shake in California a few minutes ago.

IntensityMap.png?t=1640032017