website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Yara is a indigenous name in Brazil, there is a legend taht she can be seen either as a water nymph, a siren, or a beautiful mermaid that lives in the Amazon River.

Cool :d 

@brunamoura has a little niece (2 years old now I think?) with that name, although the spelling might be slightly different, I'm not sure. Nice name indeed!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

There is a joke that in 2040 the Brazilian national team will line up like this:

1. Enzo A.

2. Enzo F.

3. Enzão

4. Enzo. S.

5. Enzo Mineiro

6. Enzo Gaúcho

7. Enzo P.

8. Enzinho

9. Enzo Jr.

10. Enzinho Paulista

11. Enzo

And the same goes to girls team that gonna line up with onlty with Valentina.

I was quite surprised that these names are not in tle list anymore :p

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That list already consists of exactly one name here...also a girl's name, which would make it a huge challenge in case it'd be a boy because we have absolutely no clue despite several years of trying to come up with something :d 

Kamil :p

13 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

There is a joke that in 2040 the Brazilian national team will line up like this:

1. Enzo A.

2. Enzo F.

3. Enzão

4. Enzo. S.

5. Enzo Mineiro

6. Enzo Gaúcho

7. Enzo P.

8. Enzinho

9. Enzo Jr.

10. Enzinho Paulista

11. Enzo

And the same goes to girls team that gonna line up with onlty with Valentina.

I was quite surprised that these names are not in tle list anymore :p

My Godson is called Enzo, and his cousin who is just a few months younger than him is called Valentina. They are both 3 years old (almost 4 for Enzo) 😅

55 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That list already consists of exactly one name here...also a girl's name, which would make it a huge challenge in case it'd be a boy because we have absolutely no clue despite several years of trying to come up with something :d 

We could keep on calling him "NoName" 🤷🏻‍♀️😅

55 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool :d 

@brunamoura has a little niece (2 years old now I think?) with that name, although the spelling might be slightly different, I'm not sure. Nice name indeed!

Yep, "Iara" 😁 2 years old next month.

This meaning is exactly the reason why my brother and his girlfriend chose this name for her. They both love surf and they say Iara is their little mermaid (mermaid Iaiá)

1 hour ago, Quasit said:

Germans apparently. :p 

Hide contents

vornamensstudie-2021.jpg.jpg

Clara and Leni, in the Netherlands that reminds me of women who are at least in their 80's :d 

In fact, Lenie is apparently 8th in the period from 1880 to 1961 :p 

https://www.meertens.knaw.nl/voornamen/populair.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Jan is absolutely an old school name here :d 

Yeah, Jan is also old school name here. But there is some old school revival in names in the last few years. When I was at school the most popular boys' names were Marcin & Tomasz (Martin & Thomas). They are no longer that popular.