website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

A slovak speaking fan in Vancouver before NHL game between Vancouver and Montreal.

"Slafkovský (Dino is one of his nicknames): I will trade Chrumky (Czech-Slovak old times communist chips version) and my Boyfriend for a stick :p"

It took literally 15 seconds for Slafkovský to send her a stick :lol: now this may be the most stupid trade ever :p

image.png

Definitely not as profitable deal as Feherváry had in Washington DC 2 season back :p

Spoiler

nJYktkpTURBXy9iNTA1MDQ2YjEwMDljMTcyMmM5Z

Edited by hckošice

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

A slovak speaking fan in Vancouver before NHL game between Vancouver and Montreal.

"Slafkovský (Dino is one of his nicknames): I will trade Chrumky (Czech-Slovak old times communist chips version) and my Boyfriend for a stick :p"

It took literally 15 seconds for Slafkovský to send her a stick :lol: now this may be the most stupid trade ever :p

image.png

Definitely not as profitable deal as Feherváry had in Washington DC 2 season back :p

Reveal hidden contents

yep, we knew the kid has bigger fanbase among the :CAN female community than the male one, but it is starting to peak some romantic-dreams level for some of them :d

Linktree is also supposedly no longer allowed, so it would seem functionality for journalists, public relations professionals, and other large organizations has taken a hit.

At least that’s my outlook as someone who mostly uses Twitter to promote my work outside the app and interact with our international sports professionals.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Linktree is also supposedly no longer allowed, so it would seem functionality for journalists, public relations professionals, and other large organizations has taken a hit.

At least that’s my outlook as someone who mostly uses Twitter to promote my work outside the app and interact with our international sports professionals.

People do seem to be making a bigger deal out of it than it is, judging by Twitter's own text. "We will remove accounts created solely for the purpose of promoting other social platforms and content that contains links or usernames"

Shouldn't be much trouble if your account isn't created solely for that. People make it sound like saying "Facebook" on Twitter will now get you banned forever.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile in the Netherlands, one of the biggest 'short political debates' we've had in recent years will come to a halt in 15 minutes or so: prime minister Mark Rutte will make a speech about the slavery past, and is more or less expected to apologize (not in his own name of course, he didn't do anything, but in name of the state as a whole).

It's already been announced that apologies will not be accepted everywhere* (especially from Suriname there has been a four-week storm of criticism since the date was leaked), so who knows whether or not he'll actually go through with it (although I'd say the chance is 99%).

*which doesn't really seem to depend on apologies, which nobody really seems to care about on both sides, but of course money :p 

Edit: and there are the official apologies, anyhow a historical moment.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

https://cowzdrowiu.pl/aktualnosci/post/ukrainiec-odzyskal-wzrok-po-30-latach-dzieki-polskim-lekarzom

55-year-old Ukrainian Paralympian Serhii Sydorenko regained his sight 30 years after the accident thanks to surgery in Poland :yes

Sydney and Beijing medalist in judo.

Edited by rafalgorka