website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

@heywoodu I remember you asked which new Police design won. Today it was revealed.

This new Slovak Police design will start be used the end of this winter/early spring according to the Police chief. Definitely gone the times of the Green Police

67NktkpTURBXy85ODg5YzEwYTkwNDQ4MDZiM2Q4Y

_igktkpTURBXy80OWRjOWZiOGQ1YWJiMzEwZDBkM

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

@heywoodu I remember you asked which new Police design won. Today it was revealed.

This new Slovak Police design will start be used the end of this winter/early spring according to the Police chief. Definitely gone the times of the Green Police

67NktkpTURBXy85ODg5YzEwYTkwNDQ4MDZiM2Q4Y

_igktkpTURBXy80OWRjOWZiOGQ1YWJiMzEwZDBkM

This does look like a big improvement :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A brilliant discovery for fans of classical history.  This plant was the wonder drug of the ancient world, but it’s been lost for about 2000 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11250821/Miracle-plant-used-ancient-Greeks-rediscovered-thought-gone-extinct.html

17 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

A brilliant discovery for fans of classical history.  This plant was the wonder drug of the ancient world, but it’s been lost for about 2000 years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11250821/Miracle-plant-used-ancient-Greeks-rediscovered-thought-gone-extinct.html

Interesting that media are picking this up, while the study has been published in January....last year :d 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7825337/

It apparently hasn't gotten much traction yet in academic circles, but it's interesting nonetheless. It'd be really cool if this is really the fabled ancient plant :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I don't know where I could post this video, but seems this thread will be most appropriate for that.

I got lost on YouTube yesterday and I did found such "cool" video in my recommendations, I have no idea why did it appear at all :p

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

The driver was allegedly the general secretary of Slovak Deaflympics committee, they measured 1.6 permille of alcohol in his blood ... :facepalm:

Remember Slovakia has zero alcohol tolerance for driving, plus until now 4 killed young students, the guy not going to leave prison anytime soon

Updated article with pictures and video from the place https://spectator.sme.sk/c/23023164/four-people-die-after-car-hits-bus-stop-in-bratislava.html

man this escalated quickly !

the government announces that it will propose to the coalition council on Monday that the vehicles of drivers with one or more blood alcohol levels will be forfeited to the state :lol:

To the question of a journalist "And what if he has a rent car?"  "The same. Let the affected person claim compensation from the drunkard. The impounded cars will then be put up for public auction :surprise:, and the proceeds will be used to finance the compensation of the victims and their relatives,"

Do not mess with slovak politicians :rofl:

11 minutes ago, hckošice said:

man this escalated quickly !

the government announces that it will propose to the coalition council on Monday that the vehicles of drivers with one or more blood alcohol levels will be forfeited to the state :lol:

To the question of a journalist "And what if he has a rent car?"  "The same. Let the affected person claim compensation from the drunkard. The impounded cars will then be put up for public auction :surprise:, and the proceeds will be used to finance the compensation of the victims and their relatives,"

Do not mess with slovak politicians :rofl:

If those laws actually get through, that would be absolutely fantastic news. Fuck everyone who drives with alcohol in their blood, seriously.

If you'd make a list of names of every person who was innocently minding their own business - walking, driving, cycling, waiting, whatever - when they got hit and killed by someone with alcohol in their blood, you'd have a stack of books that would make Everest look like a tiny hill. Drunk drivers can drop dead for all I care, at least that saves some actual innocent lives.