website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Strong earthquakes in :MEX , Hope @mrv86 you ok, buddy

Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for the concern my friend.

In fact, I was chatting with Sindo when it hit.

The epicenter was relatively close to my city (just 3 hours or so, which is rather short for Mexican distances), but it was a big 7.4 in Richter scale, so still felt quite strong.

So far, I haven't heard reports of massive damage or casualties yet, and I hope we won't heard.

Still, what is curious is that this earthquake also happens on September 19th, after the disasters of 2017 and 1985 that struck Mexico City.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:57 AM, hckošice said:

One thing I wanted to ask how it is in your country ?

Because here from today In the evening, there may be longer advertising blocks on television. Our governement relaxed the rules

Until recently, commercial TV stations in our country were limited by the amount of advertising they could broadcast in one hour. The legislation allowed them to include a maximum of 12 minutes of advertising spots.

Thanks to the new legislation, stations now have a significantly freer hand in broadcasting advertising. The limit for the whole day remains the same, but the change is that there is no hourly maximum, but only for a longer period. Especially in the evening there can be many more spots. The broadcasters themselves decide when and how much they will "serve" it to the viewers.

Different rules however apply to commercial television and are stricter for RTVS. The national TV RTVS is still not allowed to have commercial breaks during a broadcasted film or TV series, other live or relive broadcast including all sports broadcasts (the only exception is a commercial break ordered by the organizer of the event like during the commercial breaks at hockey worlds etc..), advertising spots may only appear only after the end of the film, serial episode or sports broadcast. In opposite commercial TV´s can now basically have a commercial break every 5 minutes or so lol...

in Italy, advertising are allowed max at 12% every hour for the public TV (RAI) and 18% every hour for the private commercial networks (pay-tv included).

there must be at least a 20-minute interval between one series of advertisings and another and kids programs can't be interrupted at all if they're 30 mins or less long.

In the sport events ads can only be shown in the technical intervals, live action can't be interrupted.

between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. no alchool, cigarettes and weapons ads are allowed (actually, I think weapons ads are not allowed at all...I've never seen any on our tv stations).

then there are also a few more "minor" limitations, most people are not even aware of...

p.s. commercial networks never respect the 18% per hour limit, especially Berlusconi's Mediaset channels, but usually nobody does anything against that, just a few euros insignificant fines once every while...

10 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for the concern my friend.

happy to hear that. :yes

10 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Still, what is curious is that this earthquake also happens on September 19th, after the disasters of 2017 and 1985 that struck Mexico City.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Our president making fun from the "Faux-pas" of the AP agency :p

The AP agency, which captured the photos from this moment during yesterday Queen Elizabeth II funeral, made a mistake by announcing her partner Juraj Rizman as the president of Slovakia, and our president Zuzana Čaputová was called in the description as his delegation. :lol:

This error was published only for a few minutes, but even during that small amount of time it managed to became super viral around the whole of Slovakia. :d  However, if you were expecting our president to be offended, the opposite is true. She published a status on her media that really amused many people and immediately became an Internet hit in the country when she wrote: "Congratulations to Juraj ! It's a difficult job for a woman, so how about for a man." :p

OFpktkpTURBXy84OTE0MzU5OGJmZmQ1NGY1ZWZmM

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Our president making fun from the "Faux-pas" of the AP agency :p

The AP agency, which captured the photos from this moment during yesterday Queen Elizabeth II funeral, made a mistake by announcing her partner Juraj Rizman as the president of Slovakia, and our president Zuzana Čaputová was called in the description as his delegation. :lol:

This error was published only for a few minutes, but even during that small amount of time it managed to became super viral around the whole of Slovakia. :d  However, if you were expecting our president to be offended, the opposite is true. She published a status on her media that really amused many people and immediately became an Internet hit in the country when she wrote: "Congratulations to Juraj ! It's a difficult job for a woman, so how about for a man." :p

OFpktkpTURBXy84OTE0MzU5OGJmZmQ1NGY1ZWZmM

On BBC the Danish Queen and crown prince were made into the king and queen of the Netherlands!

One week in a life of Slovak president... :lol:

caputova_osn.webp?t=1663756989

First the news agencies mistakenly identified her life partner as the head of state and she was announced as his delegation during the Queen´s funeral:roflmao:

two days later happened this during her speech at the UN general Assembly, the Youtube channel of the UN, confused the Slovak and Slovenian flag emoji :p

I mean this happens so often, than most of Slovaks do not even notice that, but this time ffs it was

the United Nations ladies and Gentlemen, United Nations... !!!

Now they obviously fixed it, but still our medias are full of this new meme, like this one:

One time. Slovak president Juraj Rizman (Our president life partner)

Next Time:

Edited by hckošice