[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

An ordinary day of Slovaks...

EURO Volley qualifiers: Latvia vs Slovakia

Start of the match, Wrong Code/wrong Flag

image.png

After some "protests" from our TV, they fixed the Code... :p

image.png

Hopefully the flag will be fixed soon as well...

One thing I wanted to ask how it is in your country ?

Because here from today In the evening, there may be longer advertising blocks on television. Our governement relaxed the rules

Until recently, commercial TV stations in our country were limited by the amount of advertising they could broadcast in one hour. The legislation allowed them to include a maximum of 12 minutes of advertising spots.

Thanks to the new legislation, stations now have a significantly freer hand in broadcasting advertising. The limit for the whole day remains the same, but the change is that there is no hourly maximum, but only for a longer period. Especially in the evening there can be many more spots. The broadcasters themselves decide when and how much they will "serve" it to the viewers.

Different rules however apply to commercial television and are stricter for RTVS. The national TV RTVS is still not allowed to have commercial breaks during a broadcasted film or TV series, other live or relive broadcast including all sports broadcasts (the only exception is a commercial break ordered by the organizer of the event like during the commercial breaks at hockey worlds etc..), advertising spots may only appear only after the end of the film, serial episode or sports broadcast. In opposite commercial TV´s can now basically have a commercial break every 5 minutes or so lol...

48 minutes ago, hckošice said:

https://www.snptv.org/reglementation/#:~:text=Les télévisions publiques sont limitées,depuis le 1er janvier 2009.

9 minutes max per hour for private channels and 6 for public ones (plus no breaks after 8 pm).

But that's for FTA channels only I think, not sure how it works for other channels, it sure feel likes Eurosport is doing a lot more than that :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

https://www.snptv.org/reglementation/#:~:text=Les télévisions publiques sont limitées,depuis le 1er janvier 2009.

9 minutes max per hour for private channels and 6 for public ones (plus no breaks after 8 pm).

But that's for FTA channels only I think, not sure how it works for other channels, it sure feel likes Eurosport is doing a lot more than that :rolleyes:

That´s a good one, I like it

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Because here from today In the evening, there may be longer advertising blocks on television. Our governement relaxed the rules

Until recently, commercial TV stations in our country were limited by the amount of advertising they could broadcast in one hour. The legislation allowed them to include a maximum of 12 minutes of advertising spots.

Thanks to the new legislation, stations now have a significantly freer hand in broadcasting advertising. The limit for the whole day remains the same, but the change is that there is no hourly maximum, but only for a longer period. Especially in the evening there can be many more spots. The broadcasters themselves decide when and how much they will "serve" it to the viewers.

Different rules however apply to commercial television and are stricter for RTVS. The national TV RTVS is still not allowed to have commercial breaks during a broadcasted film or TV series, other live or relive broadcast including all sports broadcasts (the only exception is a commercial break ordered by the organizer of the event like during the commercial breaks at hockey worlds etc..), advertising spots may only appear only after the end of the film, serial episode or sports broadcast. In opposite commercial TV´s can now basically have a commercial break every 5 minutes or so lol...

A maximum of 20% between 06:00 and 18:00, which means 2:24 hours, free to distribute as the channels wish.

Also 20% from 18:00 to 00:00, which is 1:12 hours and also free to distribute.

Nothing about 00:00 to 06:00, I think they're ads on TV then (especially the always lovely sex phone lines, they never get old).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!