website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

Anyone else annoyed by the new Eurosport Player? I like the general lay-out, but not the way it works. They changed the 30 second jumps to 15, meaning I'm doubleclicking all the time, the 15 second jumps load way slower than the 30 second jumps used to do, the buttons for the jumps and pause are right in the middle of the screen instead of neatly at the bottom and the overlay stays for an annoyingly long time (especially when skipping ahead since the buttons are in the middle of the video).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 25/10/2019 at 10:40, heywoodu said:

Anyone else annoyed by the new Eurosport Player? I like the general lay-out, but not the way it works. They changed the 30 second jumps to 15, meaning I'm doubleclicking all the time, the 15 second jumps load way slower than the 30 second jumps used to do, the buttons for the jumps and pause are right in the middle of the screen instead of neatly at the bottom and the overlay stays for an annoyingly long time (especially when skipping ahead since the buttons are in the middle of the video).

Not just annoyed. Rather pissed, as it won't work on my smart-TV :mad:

Haven't used it much on my laptop or phone yet, so don't know about that.

The replies to this tweet:

I have never heard such a confident, laughable lie before.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

Holding myself not to comment on NOC salaries vs athlete's structure :whistle:

It’s okay. I’m well aware of the issues athletes face. I’m friends with a few of the American canoeists and know the issues they faced. There’s also been a considerable amount of complaining for a Dutch user about the Brazilian winter sports confederation for so odd reasons, not quite sure what his deal is (a real Brazilian fan boy that guy :p).

I mean Go Fund Me has done more for many athletes then some NOCs and NFs

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It’s okay. I’m well aware of the issues athletes face. I’m friends with a few of the American canoeists and know the issues they faced. There’s also been a considerable amount of complaining for a Dutch user about the Brazilian winter sports confederation for so odd reasons, not quite sure what his deal is (a real Brazilian fan boy that guy :p).

Except for Gambian skeleton athletes..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Except for Gambian skeleton athletes..

Well, he’s doing it right, but people aren’t interested since it’s not close to the games. Many people seriously think these athletes only train 2-4 years to compete in their sport. Plus, his media strategy is poor. No social media, no IBSF articles talking about the new Federation, no public interviews. Unfortunately, it’s just not the right time, nor the right strategy.

4 minutos atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Poor "real brazilian fan boy", usually he is the one who is most affected by my stress for the unfairness around some athletes.

Also, if not for his support, I would have stopped yet for fighting to get in best shape is not so hard as fighting against unmotivation

15 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

Poor "real brazilian fan boy", usually he is the one who is most affected by my stress for the unfairness around some athletes.

Also, if not for his support, I would have stopped yet for fighting to get in best shape is not so hard as fighting against unmotivation

Are you going to race the IBU Cup this year?