website statistics

European Championships 2022

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Still very few Hungarians speak English, we probably have the lowest percentage of English speakers in the entire EU. Shit educational system and many rather learn German as their second language because Austria is the way out for anyone who doesn't want to live here. 

I didn't feel that way when I went to Hungary (although I was only in Budapest so I'd imagine outside less people speak English). I was shocked in Bulgaria, very few people spoke English including in Sofia. Surely they have the lowest percentage of English speakers in the EU.

MEDAL !!! :hyper:

but dear lord, what a luck this was.

Pištej/Balážová were down in the 4th set 2:7 and it looked over, but then happened something unbelievable, the game had to be interrupted and the organizers had to fix the table, and that unexpected break completely changed the match.

European Championships + Aquatics European Championships medal table after Day 4

1 :ITA 18 18 13
2 :GBR 10 13 8
3 :FRA 8 10 15
4 :NED 8 5 8
5 :GER 7 10 4
6 :UKR 7 2 2
7 :ROU 6 0 3
8 :HUN 5 5 2
9 :BEL 2 1 2
10 :SLO 2 1 0
11 :CZE 2 0 1
12 :NOR 2 0 0
13 :GRE 1 3 1
14 :AUT 1 2 2
15 :IRL 1 1 0
15 :SWE 1 1 0
17 :CRO 1 0 1
17 :POR 1 0 1
19 :ESP 0 4 2
20 :POL 0 1 5
21 :SUI 0 1 3
22 :TUR 0 1 1
23 :DEN 0 1 0
23 :FIN 0 1 0
25 :LTU 0 0 3
26 :BUL 0 0 1
26 :SRB 0 0 1
26 :SVK 0 0 1

Olympic events

1 :ITA 10 9 10
2 :GBR 9 11 7
3 :NED 8 5 3
4 :FRA 6 5 9
5 :ROU 5 0 3
6 :GER 4 5 3
7 :HUN 4 5 2
8 :IRL 1 1 0
9 :CRO 1 0 1
9 :UKR 1 0 1
11 :CZE 1 0 0
12 :GRE 0 2 0
13 :POL 0 1 2
13 :SUI 0 1 2
15 :ESP 0 1 1
16 :AUT 0 1 0
16 :DEN 0 1 0
16 :FIN 0 1 0
16 :SWE 0 1 0
20 :LTU 0 0 3
21 :BEL 0 0 1
21 :BUL 0 0 1
21 :TUR 0 0 1

4 x 4th place for Ireland in rowing and at least a couple of 5th places elsewhere.... Sam Bennett (road cycling) and Mona McSharry (women's 100m breaststroke).... there may have been others, I can't remember. But we've been showing well at these championships even if we have only clocked up 2 medals. I don't think we'll have many other medals but still been happy with what I have seen so far.

We look solid in rowing and it will be interesting to see what boats we prioritise on the women's side for the Paris Olympics. I would imagine the women's four will be the number 1 boat on the women's side that the heavyweights will want to get in. Elsewhere, the new women's lightweight double combination of Lydia Heaphy and Margaret Cremen mixed it with the best from last year's Olympics in this Euro final, just missing out on a bronze. Still much room for improvement with them so it was an encouraging result.

On the men's side, the lightweight double of O'Donovan and McCarthy looked to pick up where they left off despite racing for the first time together this season (O'Donovan has been finishing medical studies and on a work placement in Australia).

Outside of that, the men's side is not looking so strong at the moment.... hopefully we can put together at least one other competitive crew in the men's side in time for the next Olympics.... there is still time but I would be hoping to see something develop soon, not overly hopeful though.

21 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

4 x 4th place for Ireland in rowing and at least a couple of 5th places elsewhere.... Sam Bennett (road cycling) and Mona McSharry (women's 100m breaststroke).... there may have been others, I can't remember. But we've been showing well at these championships even if we have only clocked up 2 medals. I don't think we'll have many other medals but still been happy with what I have seen so far.

We look solid in rowing and it will be interesting to see what boats we prioritise on the women's side for the Paris Olympics. I would imagine the women's four will be the number 1 boat on the women's side that the heavyweights will want to get in. Elsewhere, the new women's lightweight double combination of Lydia Heaphy and Margaret Cremen mixed it with the best from last year's Olympics in this Euro final, just missing out on a bronze. Still much room for improvement with them so it was an encouraging result.

On the men's side, the lightweight double of O'Donovan and McCarthy looked to pick up where they left off despite racing for the first time together this season (O'Donovan has been finishing medical studies and on a work placement in Australia).

Outside of that, the men's side is not looking so strong at the moment.... hopefully we can put together at least one other competitive crew in the men's side in time for the next Olympics.... there is still time but I would be hoping to see something develop soon, not overly hopeful though.

Ireland can begin Canada 3.0?

9 minutes ago, rybak said:

Ireland can begin Canada 3.0?

Well we did finish 4th at the Team Jumping worlds as well so maybe :d. But in reality I am sure there are other nations out there getting way more 4ths than us :d 

By the way, why 3.0? :d Canada is 1.0 and who is 2.0? Or is Canada 2.0 and someone else is the first?

51 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Well we did finish 4th at the Team Jumping worlds as well so maybe :d. But in reality I am sure there are other nations out there getting way more 4ths than us :d 

By the way, why 3.0? :d Canada is 1.0 and who is 2.0? Or is Canada 2.0 and someone else is the first?

:lol:

https://totallympics.com/topic/14971-swimming-at-the-aquatics-len-european-championships-2022/page/7/#comment-489239

6 minutes ago, rybak said:

Ahh ok :d. We just need 1 more team to make it 4.0  and we can all fight it out for who is the real 4th place :d