website statistics

European Championships 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Jeanjean takes over the lead despite having two "difficulties", per graphics. How awfully convenient for the French. :p

He was really good, actually the medal winners were the best 3 clearly. Maybe a small disadvantage for Rantes to start in Heat 1 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

How to classify this event is honestly the most confusing thing in terms of my results collection. Is it a multi-sport games or a bunch of individual continental championships?

I had the same question before the start of the day. I just started watching and went with the flow. 

Watched all the A Finals of rowing today semis of women's lead and finals of men's boulder will watch the women's lead finals tomorrow quickly. Also watched a couple of TT matches , little track cycling and almost the entire men's triathlon race.

All the upcomming livestreams with exact date and time and replays are neatly arranged . I would rate it as the 2nd best Summer Multi Sport Games of the year behind Pacific Mini Games . ( Giving a little edge to NMI considering its limited resources). Both these games find 1 thing in common - Streaming details of the event well in advance which helps you to decide what events you can choose and what you keep for other day .

I felt the CWG should have followed the same thing in non commonwealth nations would have been nice to watch some replay with VPN .

So @Olympian1010 my suggestion to you is forget whether it's a championship or games just keep watching continuosly if you are free,I bet you will feel like a great games 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

:HUN gold in Rowing because none of the big rowing nations bothered to show up to that lightweight event. :d

Why were only two medals awarded? Is it based on time gaps? Seems a bit unfair since only 3 nations showed up.

5 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Why were only two medals awarded? Is it based on time gaps? Seems a bit unfair since only 3 nations showed up.

it's based on the number of starters...

if there are 2 crews, then only the golds medal is awarded...

with 3 starters, only gold and silver are awarded...

with 4+ starters, the full set of medals is up for grabs...

basically, the IF doesn't want the last placed boat to get a medal only because they're participating; if you want a medal, you have to beat at least 1 team...

if you read yesterday's posts, we tried to explain what's happening in the rowing world (in a few words, after 2024 the lightweight classes are going to be dismissed -since also the LW doubles will go out of the Olympic program, therefore many Nations have already abandoned the non-Olympic races, focusing on the last Olympic events only)...