website statistics

European Championships 2022

Totallympics

50 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, I have to say that maybe our friend @heywoodu is really right about the rules in the sport climbing's lead...

they should really use the time as tie-breaker...

you just can't have 4 people tied and determine the 2 going forward to the final based just on the previous round's result...

as I wrote earlier, I know why they're doing it, but it's too unfair to the athletes...they must change the rules, especially now that they're an Olympic sport and have more media coverage and average audience than before...

To think Lettner actually was the best of these...

uREoG0B.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Weren't the Brits kinda terrible in Rowing in Tokyo? It seems they have improved quite a bit in one year. 

Perhaps poor in terms of previous Olympic performance and their own expectations, but at Tokyo Team GB did have six 4th placed boats so they weren't completely out of it.

They've certainly improved, but on a European field taking Aus/NZ/USA/China out of consideration the results aren't super surprising. There's also a new coaching team in place which seems to be working well.

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Weren't the Brits kinda terrible in Rowing in Tokyo? It seems they have improved quite a bit in one year. 

no, Tokyo was kind of strange regatta because of the weather conditions and because of some covid troubles (not to mention the awful basin)...

in any case, here ROU and GBR are winning a lot of gold medals also because there are no AUS, NZL, USA and CHN, who normally take a lot of medals away from the European sides...

moreover, for many teams this championship is just a trial for the upcoming world champs, where a lot of crews could/will be different...

how to ruin a competition...

in the men's sport climbing boulder semifinal round they've set a really, really difficult course...too difficult...

result, only Adam Ondra topped 2 of the 4 sections and only 8 of the 20 starters could top at least 1 section...:yikes: :facepalm:

actually, the 4th section has gone completely blank...not a single climber could hold even a single zone (when there's only 1 climber left in the whole competiton)...:hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

I think this is the first time it happens, for sure I've never seen or read anything close to that...

what a shame!