website statistics

European Championships 2022

Totallympics

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Is this 'alive' in your countries in terms of visibility? Dutch NOS sure has some articles about it on their website, but in terms of actually showing stuff, it seems like it'll stay with a few minutes in the daily sports news and probably a daily live stream on their website, which you can't watch on-demand (or even pause) and so you either watch it live, or you don't watch it at all.

Mostly feels like NOS is kind of ignoring it, which makes me curious about other countries. Curious in the sense that hopefully there will be good options to see especially stuff like athletics, swimming, track cycling (and of course road, but we've got Belgian TV for that no doubt) and possibly rowing.

:IRL national broadcaster RTE has 3 hours live coverage today on RTE 2 (FTA channel that shows all sport). Coverage of the rowing heats currently going on are available on a secondary News channel and via stream on their player/website too.  

Tomorrow they're live for 5 hours. Next Monday (random day) they're showing 7 hours live.

For context they didn't cover the World Athletics championship (or world swimming, world rowing in previous years, world gymnastics etc)

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Is this 'alive' in your countries in terms of visibility? Dutch NOS sure has some articles about it on their website, but in terms of actually showing stuff, it seems like it'll stay with a few minutes in the daily sports news and probably a daily live stream on their website, which you can't watch on-demand (or even pause) and so you either watch it live, or you don't watch it at all.

Mostly feels like NOS is kind of ignoring it, which makes me curious about other countries. Curious in the sense that hopefully there will be good options to see especially stuff like athletics, swimming, track cycling (and of course road, but we've got Belgian TV for that no doubt) and possibly rowing.

very much alive...

our public TV (RAI) is live all day long on Raisport+ HD and also in the afternoon (2 p.m. - 8 p.m.) on Rai2 HD...

then they have additional feeds on Raiplay (the OTT service)...

the Acquatics Euros are also live on sky Italia for the first time (so, double coverage)...

I think the only discipline that is not going to be broadcasted at all is BMX Freestyle (and I don't blame any of our media for ignoring that farce)...

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

RTVS schedule indicates they will broadcast All Athletics sessions, M Cycling Road Race, M Triathlon race, Finals of Canoeing Sprint, a couple of Track Cycling sessions and for some reason also Sports Climbing including todays qualifiers lol, In replay they have both MTB and Table Tennis finals.

No rowing, BMX and Beach Volley

but quite hard to believe it, since the hockey U20 WCh have obviously priority and they pretend broadcasting all games from Quarterfinals on, For example the Wednesday 17th, there all 4 QF scheduled, so the Evening Athletics sesiion will have just some 30 minutes highlights of the day probably

image.png

1 hour ago, phelps said:

very much alive...

our public TV (RAI) is live all day long on Raisport+ HD and also in the afternoon (2 p.m. - 8 p.m.) on Rai2 HD...

then they have additional feeds on Raiplay (the OTT service)...

the Acquatics Euros are also live on sky Italia for the first time (so, double coverage)...

I think the only discipline that is not going to be broadcasted at all is BMX Freestyle (and I don't blame any of our media for ignoring that farce)...

BMX Freestyle is fully covered by Eurosport on their player.

I firmly believe Europe does not need any multi-sports games. European Championships across many sports are far too competitive and can stand on their own two feet, and incorporating them into a bigger event does more damage than good, especially when participation restrictions come in.

Sure, Pan American Games function well with 8 slalom canoeists, 8 wrestlers or 6 sail boats per event, but that just can't fly in Europe without turning the event into some YOG-like joke.

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

I firmly believe Europe does not need any multi-sports games. European Championships across many sports are far too competitive and can stand on their own two feet, and incorporating them into a bigger event does more damage than good, especially when participation restrictions come in.

Sure, Pan American Games function well with 8 slalom canoeists, 8 wrestlers or 6 sail boats per event, but that just can't fly in Europe without turning the event into some YOG-like joke.

I think that’s a good point. If you’re going to have a 4700 athlete overall cap, then the small nations will miss out. As we know in many sports, it is actually important for several reasons to be ranked 10 not 11, 19 not 21 etc etc