website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 12/23/2020 at 7:45 AM, MHSN said:

I found this, the most interesting thing about OCA is they first pick a number and then fit sports into it :d they wanted to have 40 sports, so Esports HAD to be part of something else, Kurash, Karate and Jujitsu also should be considered as just one sport !! why ?

2022-AG-Hangzhou-Sports-Programme.jpg?re

there are some "interesting" changes in the number of events for each sport. can someone guess what's the 8th event in Badminton ? mixed team relay ? really ?! :facepalm:

having 6 events in Tennis is also confusing !? it was usually 7 or 5 ?! did they drop the mixed doubles ?

it seems the number of events is now finalized, the total number is still 482 but Badminton is now 7 and Tennis is also 5 (both make sense now) instead they added two more events to Esports and that's now 8. (event's names are already mentioned here)

I also found out why OCA plays with the numbers by mixing sports into each other. based on their own rules they can't have more than 40 (or 41) sports in the Games, 28 Olympic sports + 4 or 5 host selected Olympic sports + 5 popular sports in Asia (1 from each region) + 2 by the organizers + 2 suggested by OCA.

still looking for technical handbooks to know the exact name of events in each sport, specially Shooting. for most sports it's not hard to guess based on the numbers.

this is the only Technical handbook I found on the net, guess what ? breaking :d

http://www.dancesport.org.sg/DanceSport-Breaking.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

ocasia.org/games/2-hangzhou-2022.html

It shows the specific events of most sports when you scroll to the bottom. @MHSN

thanks for remembering my question I saw that before but that's not accurate for some sports. I happened to find the "technical handbook" for only few sports and for example in shooting they listed "mixed trap" but that's mixes skeet. or Squash has mixed doubles for the first time in 2022 but they didn't mention it. if you see few mistakes you don't trust the rest.

I was looking for the official technical handbooks in past few days but only few of them are available online. :thumbdown:

I mean something like this which explains everything you should know about the event

http://www.dancesport.org.sg/DanceSport-Breaking.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to Chinese Taipei NOC, all technical handbooks of the 2022 Asian Games are available here :thumbup:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gvgwm0dlA8JW3j7-6npwBdzzo0GGeHbq

only Esports handbook is missing, because they still didn't finalize the rules.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

1st sport i thought about before clicking the news is weightlifting and i found it among the 5 sports , but this honorary medals is such stupid thing i mean why would i travel thousands of KMs for an honorary medal 

Though I understand that OCA wants to make it step by step to get Oceania involved into Asian Games, I think Oceania should be counted on medal table and receiving identical medals. Furthermore, I think we should treat Oceania as Asian countries in terms of sports games or federations. I would like to see more OG quotas allocated to Asia and Oceania combined.

The reason is quite simple. Australia takes advantage of current quota allocation system. Firstly and obviously enough, Australia earn a lot of team sports quotas almost in a free path as Oceania representative. Moreover, if Australia finds themselves cannot earn the free quota then they choose to join Asia federation and takes advantage of us, especially FIFA world cup. When they find the 0.5 Oceania quota is useless they just quit.

So to be fair, I would rather Oceania joins Asia system wholly instead of picking some sports favoring themselves and I also would like to see Asian Games and other continental events more competitive with the Oceanian teams.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...