website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

I decided to add up the times of the top two athletes in both triathlon events to give an idea on what to expect in the mixed relay. I know the length of the race for each leg is considerably shorter, but it's still interesting to see what to expect.

:ENG England - 0:00

:AUS Australia - 0:58

:SCO Scotland - 3:14

:CAN Canada - 3:39

:NZL New Zealand - 3:52

:WAL Wales - 3:55

:RSA South Africa - 8:13

:IND India - 44:09

Unsurprisingly, England will be the favourite for gold with only Australia potentially giving them any trouble. The bronze medal is pretty open with Scotland, Canada, New Zealand and Wales all near each other. I'd also like to remind that :BER Bermuda will also be in contention as Tyler Butterfield will join his three compatriots in the relay. If he is still as fast as Tyler Smith they will be the favorites for bronze assuming Duffy out races everyone as badly as she did today.

4:17.096... England win Bronze in the Women's Team Pursuit, the third bronze medal in about half an hour

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:SRI just defeated :AUS in the badminton! (don't think that was unexpected, but worth a shout out!)

I think it was a slight upset. Going by rankings I think Australia was favoured to win 3-2, but once Sri Lanka won the mixed doubles (the most even match-up) it was more of a formality as Sri Lanka's men are a lot better than Australia's men.

Good for them, I can tell they have been investing in sport recently. In 2020 they were arguably the strongest tripartite nation when taking their performance across all sports. Hopefully everything gets sorted out peacefully with their government

Another medal for England... silver in the Men's Team Pursuit with 3:49.584 losing to :NZL who break the GR

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold